Woodsprites crockery

That's what someone on another forum called it:rofl:

My favourite type of turning has always been where there is a combination of the original wood and the turned wood giving a tactile contrast as well as the visual one. (Boy that sounbds pretentious :eek:)

I haven't done one for a while so when this piece of wood came up I decided to go back to my first love.

Wood is apparently Bradford Pear: Bowl is 6" dia in most directions it's a bit difficult measuring things like this. Approx. 3 1/2" tall, bowl is 3" deep. Finished with wax polish to provide contrast with bark (and lichen )

I know it's not everyone's taste but be interesting to see what folks think

Yes it still has lichen on it and the scar is a small branch that was cut ioff and the wound is also polished

Pete

Pete...I just dunno. We are all drawn to wood for it's inate beauty of "what's on the inside". The outside bottom is great...cool color and finish. I think the bowl part (and this sounds stupid:eek:) reminds me something weird, just dunno what :huh:. It's is a neat idea, half natural edge, half natural!! And again...the bottom is great :thumb:

Absolutely fantastic... I love it! I also have an idea now what I am going to do with some of the pieces I rescued from the wood stove pile ;)

Pete, I love it! Leaving the moss and lichen on it makes it look very natural and the contrast with the turned part really sets it off. Well Done. :thumb:

I really like it. I have tried to turn some bowls that are a little out of the ordinary too. Not sure if mine matched up. That is a beautiful piece. :thumb: