Im not going to be around too long it seems

allen levine

I was logging into hotmail today, and was looking around at their retirement advice as far as finances go, and came across their life expectancy survey, so I took it.
According to them, I have less than 2 years to live, so Im thinking it doesnt pay to plan out too many more woodworking projects since winters are no good and I have a huge project planned to take me through next year and then some.
http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/calcs/n_expect/main.asp

we just did my wife, she came up with 95 years old......and I was always hoping she would make 100, and me 102, so Id have 2 good years!

when her 95 years popped up just now, I threw her out of the room.

... threw her out of the room.

Well, there went another year or so.
whistling.gif
You can mess your back up pretty badly throwing things around like that. :rofl:

According to the calculator, I'll live to be 93 years old. And I can improve on that if I turn into a girl.
Now, if someone would just tell me how I am going to afford to live that long.....

According to the test I'm going to tip at 77. I don't really care since alzheimers runs in the family. And cancer. And heart disease. And glaucoma. And a few other things. Live hard, die fast. Never pass up a good meal since it may be your last.

Well Allen, so you have to quit smoking, lose weight, exercise, lower your BP and cholesterol, right? Easy.

All the best,
Ken

My grandfather was 96 and he had been in the hospital for a kidney problem and the doctor told him after he recovered that he should quit smoking. My grandfather asked him why since he had outlived all his brothers and sisters, two of his children, his wife and most of his friends. He went on to tell the doctor that if he died the next day he would not give a flip.

He went on to live until he was 99 years and 5 months. On that fateful day he ate his breakfast, went and sat in his easy chair and died. No histrionics, no anything, just went to sleep.

He said his secret to long life was a beer at 10 in the morning every day....and a big fig newton cookie. What a combination...:p

That site says I'm good to go until I'm 83. If I'd known that, I wouldn't have used up all the good stuff before I hit 50. :rolleyes: :D

Im a condemned man.
I had a great grandfather that lived to close to 100, and my grandmother lived to 95 or 96. She was still volunteering working in a hospice in her early nineties, once her eyes went bad, ...well....
The bad news is that my father was gone before 50, and my mother before 60.
I wont lose any sleep over it, I have enough health problems to worry about these days.
I told my wife(the reason we did her), I have less than 2 years, and she said Id better get busy cause she wants that buffet finished, the downstairs painted and a couple of small construction things, the upstairs bathroom new vanity and cabinets, 6 dining chairs, and an 8 foot entertainment unit for the den. she said not to worry about the rest, shell buy it with my insurance money and whatever she gets for my machines in the garage, and my car.

Last edited:
They say married men live longer, but that isn't true. It only feels that way.

thanks for the laugh:rofl::rofl:

According to the test I'm going to tip at 77. I don't really care since alzheimers runs in the family. And cancer. And heart disease. And glaucoma. And a few other things. Live hard, die fast. Never pass up a good meal since it may be your last.

i like your style dale:D:thumb:

and now you allen!!!! you had me goin at first site of the post, thought i was gonna miss my chance to meet you on the tour.. so if yu were closer i would slap ya up side the noggen:D that wasnt funny... there is no way that a darn question and answer test is gonna tell ya your life expectancy... and whats worse,:D:thumb: is that test can alter some to make it happen just from throwin in the towel.. so yu stop reading the darn puter and saw some more wood and get this outa yur head silly guy!!!!!