Aluminum Bar Clamps - 30% Off

have you used these in the past glenn? and what was your take on them compared to bessys or jorgys? where do you feel that tey fit in the realm of clamps above a f style and below a parallel?

These look great. I have a set of the previous generation with the small foot that I picked up at Lee Valley on a special buy.

What i dont understand is why they did not do something with the catch behind the end stop given they put the bigger foot on it and the better crank handle. Sometimes these guys make me wonder who designs the tools. This is like being half pregnant.:rofl:

have you used these in the past glenn? and what was your take on them compared to bessys or jorgys? where do you feel that tey fit in the realm of clamps above a f style and below a parallel?

I should have mentioned. I don't have any aluminum bar clamps but I see them in a lot of folks pictures on the forum. The main benefit I hear folks talk about is the light weight. I use mostly K-bodys as they do the job and I already have them ;-)

I have 2 of these clamps in the shorter throat version & they have worked out well. I also have 6 of the 3' one & they are good too. I can't afford to by a bunch of Cadillac's when a bunch of Chevy's will do what I need to do @ $12.99.

Attachments

• 92490.gif
    92490.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 17
Convenience vv. Need

Well, I think I would agree with that one. I wish I had the money to invest in parallel jaw clamps. But if the joints are made well, these aluminum ones should work just fine. I hope to have both someday. In the meantime, I will just wait for money to fall from the sky so I can finish/equip my shop. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up on a great deal!

Hutch