Hello from Texas

Alan Bienlein

Hello to everyone. My name is Alan Bienlein. I live in Texas with my wife Norma and my two children. I have worked in 4 different cabinet shops in 2 different states but now I just do it as a hobby. I joined this forum because I just bought a lathe and found some very useful information here. I just built my shop 2 years ago and have to thank the wife for fast tracking the project. She is a real tool junkie. If she see's me looking at a tool to long she thinks she needs to buy it for me. What a wonderful woman! Anyway I just wanted to say hello and will be posting pictures of my shop and recent projects shortly.:type:

Welcome aboard, Alan. :wave: It's always nice when new members join up who are already into turning. That way we don't have to spend the time converting them first. :D

Hello to everyone. My name is Alan Bienlein. I live in Texas with my wife Norma and my two children. I have worked in 4 different cabinet shops in 2 different states but now I just do it as a hobby. I joined this forum because I just bought a lathe and found some very useful information here. I just built my shop 2 years ago and have to thank the wife for fast tracking the project. She is a real tool junkie. If she see's me looking at a tool to long she thinks she needs to buy it for me. What a wonderful woman! Anyway I just wanted to say hello and will be posting pictures of my shop and recent projects shortly.:type:

Hmmm, I saw your "Project Post" first, but will say Welcome anyhow. 'Tis a Great group here, very friendly and helpful, and you got off to a good start as we LOVE pictures, (maybe 'cause some of us are getting too old to Read):rofl: so join right in, ask anything you would like to know, and help others when you can. I think you will like it here.:thumb:

I like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I feel at home here. You all have helped me alot so far with my wood turning and I hope I am able to help someone with their project one day.

Sorry your a turner:D, like glenn said we cant save you but we can help you out in the flat world if you ever come back to your senses for awhile:) and i think you got keeper in the lady that buys yu anything you want:)

90% of my work is flat work. I bought the lathe because I wanted one and it was easier to get the profile I was looking for on the columns rather than spending time on the phone trying to get someone to make what I was looking for.