Wixey Digital Angle gage

To the guys in the USA be aware it could be very attractive to you right now to shop at Canadian WW stores. 1US$ = 1.28 CAD$. So something costing $100 Canadian is only going to set you back $78 US.

Just for the record I have nothing to do with these stores other than being a consumer like you.

I crossed over to Vancouver last month and did some damage at the Lee Valley store there. Told the wife I was saving money with the dollar exchange. She did not see that way.:)

Actually Vancouver is closer then Seattle for us. Now if they would just finish the road work at the Peace Arch crossing. Hear it won't be done until AFTER the Winter Olympics.:eek:

I go through a battery about twice a year. Buy good quality batteries and you won't have a problem. My neighbor goes through batteries like crazy but he gets a "good deal" on them(?). This makes no sense to me as he spends more than I do due to volume.

I got that 2 pc set on the recent sale but havent started using them yet. For my Future Reference, what brand Battery have you found to last the best Glenn?

Batteries

Rennie - I believe the LR44, SR44, AG13-5 are comparable to the 357A batteries are they not. DealExtreme has those. I think I'll be getting some of those and the RE magnets.

Thanks for the battery site Dave.

Yes, great tool, use it all the time. One question though, the battery doesn't seem to last very long. Anybody else has this problem or is it just the cold temperatures here in Colorado?

DKT
A few friends have replaced them @ 1 year.. mine is now 1 1/2 years and still ok. It may have to do with amount of use but I agree cold temps may also shorten life. I'm pretty sure that my Wixey came with 2 batteries (1 spare).
Great tool.

Rennie - I believe the LR44, SR44, AG13-5 are comparable to the 357A batteries are they not. DealExtreme has those. I think I'll be getting some of those and the RE magnets.

Glad I could be of help. Can someone verify what Paul said about the LR44, SR44 and AG13-5 being comparable to the 357A? Also, of those three, which would be the best or is there no big difference to speak of?

Thanks Paul and welcome to the family!

Glad I could be of help. Can someone verify what Paul said about the LR44, SR44 and AG13-5 being comparable to the 357A? Also, of those three, which would be the best or is there no big difference to speak of?
Waiting for the answer on this one so I can place my order!:lurk: