Cocobolo table

Cocobolo table-top resawed cocobolo,base cobobolo,breadboard ends and drawer fronts bastard rosewood (don't know why it's called that,it don't look nothing like rosewood-maybe the tree looks the same) the drawer sides are teak,the pulls and the top to the drawer stash are cocobolo. 70"long,31"high,and 22"wide.
i made this piece awhile back and it set in one of the galleries that shows my work for the longest time and never sold, so I'm keeping it for myself.-
DSC_0757.jpg

alex_0758.jpg

DSCF0017-7.jpg

DSCF0018-10.jpg

rounding off the sharp corners
alex

Another spectacular piece Alex. I am just amazed at your designs they are so out of the box of standard work. I can not believe it didn't sell also, I know I would love to have that in my house :thumb:

Tom

love the top alex,, the style is not a common look.. perhaps the lack of sale.. hey i finally got to see who alex looks like,,ya hoo!!! now i know you been at it awhile your old:) her i thought you were just over thirty something:)

Why didn't this table sell-well it wasn't because of the price ($five thousand) --for what it is - it's really priced on the low end-and certainly not because it's different ,i mean when you buy one of my pieces you are buying originality,this gallery just didn't have the right clientele, i showed it there because the owner had asked me if he could show some of my work and he only wanted 30%--most art galleries ask 50% and I argue for 40%----anyway here it is now--
DSCF0003-50.jpg

rounding off the sharp corners
alex

That's a gorgeous piece of work, Alex. :clap: I would love to (attempt to) build that level of furniture.

Are there other galleries in your area that might have a more appropriate clientele? (Of course if you sell it, you'd need to build a new desk for the shop.)

Alex, had I known it was for sale, it would have come home. Thank's for an example of "get it done beautiful" My hat is off to you sir :clap:

Stunning table.
But that picture of it's current use almost made me cry. :(
BTW, I believe coco is part of the very large rosewood family. Lotsa woods get called rosewoods, it's very confusing. Unlikely I'm telling ye anything you don't already know. :eek: