Thread: Attaching The Flags

Attaching The Flags

I have my flags done and ready to attach to the sides of my organ cart. Hummmm, not sure how to go about it. I plan on some screws from the inside of the cart, into the flags. Problem is I need to hold the the flags in place while I put in the screws. The sides of course are painted. I don't see any way to clamp the flags in place without risking marring the paint on the flags and the cart. Will Contact Cement stick to paint? I have some of that. I have double sided tape, but I don't know what it will do over time. Any suggestions. It is not going to be easy drilling and screwing from inside the cart so I need them to hold pretty good while I do it. Nope, can't take the top off it is screwed on and plugs over the screws. I know, think ahead my boy, think ahead...
    "We the People ......"

When I needed to attach two thin, scroll-sawn items to a cremation urn I made after the finish was applied, I used epoxy to hold the piece that went on the top. For a cross to go on the front, I drilled a shallow 1/4" hole in the center of it into which I epoxied a short length of 1/4" dowel, then drilled a hole through the front of the box for the dowel and held the cross in place using a small amount of epoxy on the dowel.
    Bill Arnold - Website - ShopCam
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    Ignorance is only skin deep, but stupid goes all the way to the marrow!
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Thanks, I think I could make that work and not have to worry about getting the screws in the correct place from the inside. Would ensure I don't slip and drill through the flags.

Thank you, don't know why I didn't think of that. I use dowels lots of times to fasten things.
    "We the People ......"