Well the cart is done, except for the knob for the drawer. I have started on the intarsia decorations, but that is going to take me a while. Then I may decide I don't like what I'm making on the cart also.

IMG_2357.jpg

Anyone following the Melvyn Busker Organ forum? There in a discussion going on about build a Busker with two rows of melody pipes. I guess is a rehash of a discussion from some time ago. Got me wanting to try another organ. With it I could have a taste of the Universal, but still play the music rolls I have....

Okay, okay, sorry, but I have been trying real hard to keep things cleaner, and more organized. I find I work better and don't have to listen to Patti complain about sawdust and wood chips being tracked all over the house.

Nice looking cart Paul. I'll have to go check in on the busker site. It's been a while since I've done that. I would be interested in building something with more pipes that I could still use my same rolls of music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tom, so good to see you are still around. You participation as a regular here is greatly missed! How are you and that motorcycle getting along? I sure would like to start that organ, but we are on a two year mission to move, will my wife is and I guess I should go along. Lots of fix up and finish up before we can put the house on the market.

Tom, so good to see you are still around. You participation as a regular here is greatly missed! How are you and that motorcycle getting along? I sure would like to start that organ, but we are on a two year mission to move, will my wife is and I guess I should go along. Lots of fix up and finish up before we can put the house on the market.

Thanks Paul, I still check in most days...just have not been posting any thoughts for a while. I had my organ at a local festival and played it for a couple hours this past weekend. Beautiful weather, good crowd. I saw one of my cousins and her husband there and he may be interested in starting an organ build for himself. I'm going to try to get him pointed in the right direction anyway.
Selling a house is a big job, I know. I'm sure it will all come together for you though.

Thanks for the links....I'll look into them....sounds interesting.

Hi Tom,

I have been trying to figure out what I wanted my first project to be after I retire in August. I have spent a lot of time and money building my wood shop in the basement over the last eight months but have been struggling over what that first project would be. When I saw your organ and talked with you the other day at the Delphi festival I got very excited about you monkey organ, and when you said you may have plans and some parts to help me get started that sealed it in my mind. I have been browsing this forum and the internet learning all I can. I rebuilt an old player piano a number of years ago and noticed there are a lot of similarities and I enjoyed that project very much.
Thank you Tom for spending the time showing me and explaining how you built your Monkey Organ.
Howard

Hi Howard, glad you are here. Really exciting to have a new builder among us. Lots of help here and with living near tom, you have it made. Please keep us posted on your progress, we love pictures also. Great to have you join in.

Welcome Howard, Looks like you found your way to the forum ok. This is THE place for learning how to build a street organ. Jay is your source for parts. He can supply all the leather for your bellows and more.
We will all enjoy watching your progress and helping out all we can.

:wave:Thank you Jay, Talking with Tom It sounds like I will need to get with you to purchase some leather supplies. I am not sure yet what and how much I need. I am looking to possibly buy plans and some parts from Tom, so I wont know what I need till I see what he has. Do you have a list with cost and are there other supplies that you have for sell that I might need?