I see several on there that I would like to have so I sent the guy an e-mail. He got back to me within about 20-30 minutes. So I think I'm going to send him an order very soon and try out some new tunes. Thanks for posting the link.

I have the book and it seems pretty straight forward, lots of pictures and drawings. A lot of good info. Basically the same as the John Smith organs with different modifications. A lot of detail and good info no matter what organ you are building.

Jay
I am have the reservoir built, without the cloth, and I see in the hinge area John calls for 1/16 card stock but yours and most everyone I have seen looks to be a strip of wood there. Can you tell me what you used? (size & material) Thanks

Hi All
If anyone is interested I have a set of plans, photos and other documentation to build a roll punch, I purchased these quite a while ago before I started my Wurlitzer 105 build. If anyone is interested in these files please PM me and I will send them. I don't know if they are anything usable or not as I have not went over them, just looked them when I first got them. Maybe it is something someone can use. Let me know.
Bob

If, by a slim chance someone out there is building a Senior20 organ, I have some info. I have had problems with the rewind mechanism in the plans. It calls for a very herky belt this is used on a vacuum cleaner. I have always wondered why that was used. I decided to try some rubber bands to see if they were strong enough. They work great except, they are flat and my "pulleys" are concave where the rubber bands ride so they have a tendency to roll off. I am looking for an "O" ring of appropriate size in length but smaller in diameter, more flexible than the vacuum belt to use. I'm just writing this for anyone doing the build to think about when it is time to worry that rewind mechanism. I have never liked that big ugly belt.

Stop playing with the flat pulleys and rubber wheels - post the info on the rewind assembly ( wheel diameter and distance between them ) maybe the gear genie will rub his lantern and make a set appear

Thanks Mione, but I still have a nice set of gears from you and I have been looking at them. I did not have time do rework the mechanism right now, but it is the way to go and will be done in the future. May be a year or so, my wife wants to move, which mean finish the basement and repair everything that 30+ years of living here causes. Plus the fact that I am happy here and am dragging my feet about it.

yes the organ build is alive and going after having the "senior 20 plans"? for some 4 years, i have started. Pipes are done, wood parts of the bellows and reservoir done ready to seal. Ready to start thepressure box. This where the plans really need more detail. What is the angles of the tracker bar holder, what thickness of the wood used for the sides of the traclker bar holder? Has anyone built the improved music spool holder found on the john smith helpfull hints site? Seems like a better way, but once again, no sizes. Thanks to all who posted pics as this has made the build is going well. The pressure box is giving me fits. johns help site http://www.melright.com/busker/jsmenu.htm

Last edited:
hi all good progress made overnight, bellows and reservior ready for leather, some parts of the pressure box cut. Is the gear genie still around? I think I have the improved music spool holder figured out. I have a tracker bar that I was able to buy sometime so things will move along..... I think.