Page 103 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2343

Thread: Organ build

Jay

those are fancy! I was thinking more on the line of a flat sheet cut to length and width hinged like your leg but can go over center to hold open and then pushed in to allow it to close.

Still kind of brain dead on how to keep the source and take-up spools in line.
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

That what I was showing on here the only problem is he gets you on the shipping look further down the page Paul

Will try to get you a picture tonight
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Jay!

There is NO hurry-- many other things on my build that need finishing first.

paul
    still sings!

Big mistake today. I decided to stain the boards that the pipes are mounted on, went to purchase some ” Baltic Burch at Woodcraft, but they were out, so I went to Lowes and bought two 24” X sheets of “Burch Plywood.” Should have known I was in trouble when the best looking sheets had a big bow in the middle. Got it home, cut, drilled and stained the boards. Well, this Chinese crap is just that – CRAP. There are so many flaws in the veneer that the stain just came out horrible. I threw it away, even the cutoff remnants. I’ll have to wait until Woodcraft gets a new supply of Baltic Burch. I applied Birdseye Maple veneer to and shellacked the nine back pipes. Tomorrow, as well as working on a segmented bowl, I’ll work on applying the Birdseye Maple to the small pipes and finish them. I ordered the tubing today also. By the way, my hat came in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top hat.jpg  
    Last edited by Chuck Rodekohr; 07-16-2010 at 04:26 AM.

Looking good Chuck!
    still sings!

Nice job of getting the hat to straighten out Chuck, but you needed more steam as there are still a lot of wrinkles under the brim.

Gona have ta get me one of those
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

What type of hinges are used to allow the lid to open? Not the side hinge.
    Where to purchase them -- local -- not internet order and wait.

The window in the top -- is it plexi-glass and does it have to be inset into the top?

Thanks Paul
    still sings!

Paul I use a cut off of piano hinge and the window I make from 1/4" Plexiglas and rabbit it in the lid and around the Plexiglas.

If ya need some ya know where I live :
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars

[QUOTE=Jay Caughron; but you needed more steam as there are still a lot of wrinkles under the brim. :rofl[/QUOTE]

Good one, Jay.

Thought ya'd like it
    A Turn N Time

Frog Pond Guitars