Charlie,

No, I’ve just built the pipe box. Haven’t drilled the air hose hole or made the plug yet. Got real busy today with non organ things, but I got in a little time to build the bass F pipe. I want to get all the pipes built so I can figure how I am gong to lay them out. I would like to have two rows, all straight pipes with no miters, and all up front. I‘ll have to do this so I can figure how much to extend the sides of the case towards the front. I maybe should finish one pipe just so I can make it toot.

Boy, I admire your ability to master Sketch Up. I’ve tried to learn several times but I don’t seem to be able to grasp the concept. Subsequently, I put to good use, the things I learned in mechanical drawing class in Jr. High.

Well... I see that some of you are working more than I do on this project so, to encourage the others and myself as well here are some more pics.

I fixed the reservoir mistake and made the lower frame, glued the reinforcements and made the holes both on the reservoir and on the bellows.
organillo01.jpg

This afternoon I had some time and went shopping. I got this skin for the bellows and this monkey. I realised too late that it was tailless, and I wanted it with tail to hide a mechanism that will make it move.
org02.jpgorg01.jpg
It will have to undergo some frankenstein's style surgery but I think that it will come to life...

For my organ building family’s info, I had a very successful total knee replacement Wednesday, came home yesterday and now is the first time I can make an attempt at coherent statements. I can tell I won’t be in the shop for awhile, but I will be watching your progress.

Tony, the color of that skin looks suspiciously close to your monkey. Are you sure you didn’t skin it out?:D

For my organ building family’s info, I had a very successful total knee replacement Wednesday, came home yesterday and now is the first time I can make an attempt at coherent statements. I can tell I won’t be in the shop for awhile, but I will be watching your progress.

Tony, the color of that skin looks suspiciously close to your monkey. Are you sure you didn’t skin it out?:D

Had knee replacement and now you can make coherent statements?
That's good. War can I git one a them knee thingys so I can talk more better? :rofl:
Glad it worked for you, many of us will be there one day.

Actually not:D Although I got both of them on the same day, it is not monkey skin, it is sheep skin. I want to use it for the bellows and reservoir, although I may also take Jay's offer.:dunno:

Curiously enough, although here in Spain we work with the metric system since long, long ago, the skins are sold by the square foot, and as for the heating piping and its threads we work in imperial units as well. We talk about 1/2, 3/4,3/8, 1, 1 1/2,inches for pipe diameters, even funnier is the fact that is only for heating piping in steel tubes, for copper pipes we use millimiters.:dunno:

I'm glad that everything went well with your knee replacement, I wiish you a speedy recovery.

Woohoo! Got my build started!

I posted a pic to my blog, but nothing exciting yet. Just cut & drilled the top/bottom of the bellows and ripped strips for the framing.

Now to glue the strips to the bellows (I need more clamps!:doh:)

Dean

Ok, I've got my arm back so I'm at this again. I've got 20 pipes glued up and wanted to check with Jay re: the tabs on the back bottom of the pipes. Do they go on all the pipes or just the 10 front pipes?

Ok, I've got my arm back so I'm at this again. I've got 20 pipes glued up and wanted to check with Jay re: the tabs on the back bottom of the pipes. Do they go on all the pipes or just the 10 front pipes?

Charlie if your going to mount the pipes just like John shows then yes just the front 10 and if I remember right the 3 bass pipes at the back. The drawings should show where to place the blocks on the bass pipes.

Glad to here you are up and going again. I have been working on my pressure box and take up spool always slow work for me. I'm using a Crystal Light lemonade can for this one. :D

Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Well its been to quite here to long so I figured I would post some more pictures. These are the parts to the rewind ( the way I build it anyway) I use a round eureka belt instead of the flat Hoover belt and I think it works a lot better will post more pictures as I progress.
100_1116.JPG
100_1117.JPG

So get busy People you wont be sorry.
Jay :wave:

I agree it has been quiet on the Organ Build for a while. I am still out of the shop due to my leg surgery, and it is looking like it will be another month or so before I can get back down there. I am now able to at least get back on the computer after my stay at the re-hab facility. I am now getting home therapy three days a week and improving a little at a time. I am watching and still taking notes on what is going on, and I can't wait to get started. So keep posting the progress reports and I will be anxiously waiting to get started myself.
Charles