Jay to answer your question "Does it fit the case?" how about making the case fit the pipes not the other way around.? :rofl: :)

they are all made errrr -- without stoppers and caps and not sealed..

Just had to hear one sounding... not real loud but I am not sure what they should sound like anyway.

I hooked up all the tubing to the pipes and gave her a spin on “it’s a Small World After All”. Well, there was a hint of what the tune should sound like, but something was wrong! Quick Skype to Jay and played it for him and he said it sounded like I hooked some of the tubes to the wrong pipes. Sure enough, I reversed the five of the high note sets of pipes. Linda, Jay’s wife, asked if I was wearing my hat on backwards.:rofl::rofl: I hooked them up in the correct order and gave her another spin. It sounds more like “It’s a Small World” but I still may have two pipes crossed. The high D is a little shrill. I put it to bed for tonight. Tomorrow I will put on the tuning roll and re-tune my pipes. They have been treated rather roughly lately and a lot of the stoppers have been knocked around. I also have some general tweeking to do.

BUT IT IS PLAYING!!!

Last edited:
All right Chuck!!!!! Way to go. Good to hear that you are playing tunes. I have that music roll on my "want" list as soon as Ed returns my e-mail.
I'm getting closer every day to getting mine to play but it seems that I take one step forward and two steps back sometimes.

Do you have yours all cased up too? Would love to see how you finish it. I can't seem to decide on a good "theme" to case mine yet. I have a general idea but working out the details hurts my brain :rofl:

Congrats.

Tom

I tried bribing Jay to keep Chuck confused on his pipe hookup until I had mine done..... but I think Chuck is smarter than that.... LOL

Last edited:
Hello All, one more step, sent Ed a list of rolls I would like to buy, took me three emails but got er done, dang these fat fingers. Getting closer but still a long way to go.

Be safe, Kenny

Well Chuck....I found out how easy it is to have the tubing crossed up. There is simply NO room inside to move your hand when fitting the tubes to the tracker bar. I had 16 pipes connected tonight but found there was no way to reach the other 4 the way I was doing it.....so....two steps back (again). I WAS SO CLOSE. I was not doing it in the order that John shows in the DVD and I found out the hard way that you really have to have the bass pipes fully mounted, then the inside pipes THEN the outside pipes or else you simply cannot reach the tracker bar holes. So I took the 16 pipe hoses back off and will have to get the bass pipes in first. I was hoping to "make some noise" tonight by having the pipes hooked up just to "see if it plays" but I will have to wait another night or two. I also found a few stoppers that I needed to remake to fit tighter so I guess in the long run it is best to take the time and get things right.

Tom