Tom, I am finding that making it play and playing music are two different things. It is requiring a lot of tweaking and taking more time than I have to devote to it right now.

Well Chuck....I found out how easy it is to have the tubing crossed up. There is simply NO room inside to move your hand when fitting the tubes to the tracker bar. I had 16 pipes connected tonight but found there was no way to reach the other 4 the way I was doing it.....so....two steps back (again). I WAS SO CLOSE. I was not doing it in the order that John shows in the DVD and I found out the hard way that you really have to have the bass pipes fully mounted, then the inside pipes THEN the outside pipes or else you simply cannot reach the tracker bar holes. So I took the 16 pipe hoses back off and will have to get the bass pipes in first. I was hoping to "make some noise" tonight by having the pipes hooked up just to "see if it plays" but I will have to wait another night or two. I also found a few stoppers that I needed to remake to fit tighter so I guess in the long run it is best to take the time and get things right.

Tom

On my organ I ran 6" stubs of tubing from the tracker bar down out of the pressure box to where my clumsy fingers could reach them. I used 1" pieces of the thin wall tubing to make nipples to attach the stubs to the tubing to the pipes.

This is what I am doing (not that it is correct) put the tubing on the tracker bar nipples- label the tubing then in mass put it all in the correct position down and out the bottom - like a ponytail - then route each tube to each pipe.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I'm still working on getting the tone just right. This has been the most interesting project that I have ever undertaken. It was such a hoot when I put that first roll of music in it and it "came to life". Up until then I had only heard one pipe at a time while getting it all set up. To hear it play a melody makes all the time worth it.

I'm working on a case now. I'm also discovering that it takes a LOT of cranking to play a tune. :rofl: The ole elbow is feeling it. I've been told to find the correct height and it will be better.

I want to buy several more music rolls and I contacted Ed Gaida but he has told me that his machine no longer works and suggests buying future rolls of music in England. So I'm putting together a order to send to Melvin Wright in England.

I want to take this opportunity to publicly thank Jay for all his help with this project. Before I ordered the plans I had questions about whether or not I could do this. Jay told me that he would not let me fail and that gave me the courage to start, and he has been there for all my questions. Sometimes answering the same questions more than once...ok.. three or four times :dunno:
Chuck also provided some great photos of the organ he was building and pictures ARE worth a thousand words when it came to building this.

If you have been thinking about building one of these I say go for it. It takes paitence....but when you play that first roll...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tom

Wish there were more hole punching people -- one source is not competition.

Tom I say again --> You have done a bang up good job.. Way to go!

paul