Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Family Woodworking Merchandise Now Available

Family Woodworking Merchandise Now Available

Anybody want one of these?

Howsabout one of these...

...or these?

Or even one of these?

At long last, I've gotten the Family Woodworking Merchandise Store set up at CafePress:

www.cafepress.com/familywoodwork

There's a variety of stuff available, but for right now the black and dark-color products are out...they don't work with our logo and with our free storefront, we are limited to only one image. (And I don't think we should to incur the $6.00 or so monthly cost to have a "premium" storefront that allows multiple images.) I also left out a few product options like thong panties and boxer shorts.

It's currently set up with an approximate 10% markup, and I rounded the prices to the nearest dime. Any profits made on the CafePress site will go into the Family Woodworking PayPal account to go towards operating expenses. (And for things like future giveaway prizes, should the elected Mods decide that would be a worthwhile expense.) The Family Woodworking store is not intended to be a major source of funding, but hey...it can't hurt, plus it allows members to show their 'Family Colors' to the rest of the world.

Enjoy, and happy shopping -
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Should I get Larry this for his trip?

I was thinking along the lines of this...

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of this...

I don't know Vaughn, he needs to pay attention to his driving and with that logo on the screen he would keep trying to log in to comment on some posts.

That is cool Vaughn!! Now do they print each one as ordered? That doesn't seem to be very economical, unless they do it like the original t-shirt shops and the logos are already made up and then ironed on. Or I guess with the advent of computerized sewing machines for logos, it could easily be sewn on each piece as sold.
    Thanks for the work getting this up and going. Prices are great! Now, what do I need???? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

"There's a variety of stuff available, but for right now the black and dark-color products are out...they don't work with our logo and with our free storefront"

Does that mean this hat isn't available?

If so wouldn't it be better not to show the dak colored items to forgo the confusion?

Thanks for your great work Vaughn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 364859053v9_150x150_Front.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    "There's a variety of stuff available, but for right now the black and dark-color products are out...they don't work with our logo and with our free storefront"

If so wouldn't it be better not to show the dak colored items to forgo the confusion?

I like that hat better than the black and white one at the top..
    Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Vaughn, are these the iron on appliques? And, what is the "economy" T shirt made of. Counting pennies here! Also what is shipping?
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    That is cool Vaughn!! Now do they print each one as ordered? That doesn't seem to be very economical, unless they do it like the original t-shirt shops and the logos are already made up and then ironed on. Or I guess with the advent of computerized sewing machines for logos, it could easily be sewn on each piece as sold.
    Thanks for the work getting this up and going. Prices are great! Now, what do I need???? Jim.
    CafePress uses a print-on-demand business model. They have computerized printers that can print directly onto the merchandise they offer for sale. Nothing is made in advance, but they can usually fill an order and have it on its way to you within hours of placing your order.

Anybody can design custom one-off shirts and stuff for themselves, even if you only want one shirt or coffee cup. Here's where you start:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post

That particular black hat is available, since the unprinted hat has a white oval on the front, and our logo worked with that white background. Sorry for the confusion...I guess I should have said most black and dark-colored products are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Royall Clark View Post
    Vaughn, are these the iron on appliques? And, what is the "economy" T shirt made of. Counting pennies here! Also what is shipping?
    They're not iron-on...it's printed directly onto the fabric, Sort of like a silkscreen print, but a little more flexible. I had a few t-shirts and sweatshirts made up with my Workingwoods logo about a year and a half ago, and they've held up real well so far.

The "value" t-shirt is 100% cotton, but I believe it's a bit lighter fabric than some of the other shirts. I really don't understand the price differences for some of the merchandise. Some of the shirts are more expensive because they're printed on both front and back, but I still don't understand how the "organic" t-shirt is almost twice the price of the "value" shirt. For a single t-shirt, the shipping ranges from $5.25 to $21, depending on how fast you want it. The price for shipping two shirts is $5.75 to $26, so the total shipping cost will vary depending on what is ordered.

workingwoods.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fww_khaki_hat.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	30438 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fww_coffee_mug.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	30439

Just a bump on this, I ordered the Beige hat and a coffee mug, they shipped on the 12th of March, and I got them today, the 30th of March, not real fast, but, for only $9 shipping, I can wait

They both look good, the cap is nice, well made and the logo is printed right onto the cap, I'm very happy with it.

The coffee mug also looks great, I'll be using it most mornings for my first cup of joe!

Thanks for setting this up Vaughn, it was absolutely painless to do, and the products came well packaged........... all the way from Belgium....

I'll try to get some pics of the hat and mug in the Dungeon

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward