Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When family time goes wrong

When family time goes wrong

Don't know if anyone else has this issue at times, but sometimes family time around my house is like a nightmare.

I have 3 kids. A girl that turned 18, 3 days ago, a 10 year old girl that will be 12 in a few days and a 3 1/2 year old son. I swear sometimes I think they hate each other. We can't even go eat together that the fight don't start.

The oldest thinks she's the boss and to be honest is just plain snotty and hateful. The middle one thinks she is the smartest kid in the world and no matter what you say she has something to say back. Then we little man. What can I say. He gets them both to squalling.

Man I just had to get that out. I ended walking out of the mall today because I was so tired of hearing it and to say the least, embarrassed. Boy all those numbers make me seem old, but I am only 34 and still kicking.

I say chain 'em to the water heater.

I mean c'mon now - we got chained to the water heater when we were kids & it didn't hurt us none.

-Kevin in Indy
    "Heroic? He fell off his bloody Aeroplane!"

I was telling someone the other day that I'm glad we have three dogs instead of three kids. We love the dogs like family, but if push comes to shove, we can always drop a dog off at the pound.

Kevin...you too? Wow, I though only our family did that. Dad was too cheap for chains, though. We had to get by with duct tape and baling wire.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I was telling someone the other day that I'm glad we have three dogs instead of three kids. We love the dogs like family, but if push comes to shove, we can always drop a dog off at the pound.

Kevin...you too? Wow, I though only our family did that. Dad was too cheap for chains, though. We had to get by with duct tape and baling wire.
    Duct tape? Heck we were so poor our dad just used twine he found lying in the road by the coop.

Really they are good kids just can't get along. Heck the oldest one drives a brand new Honda Civic, but if you ask her she never gets anything. I do believe that is the problem. They are spoiled, don't have to do anything to help out and just plain selfish.

Now that I say that I think I created the monster myself

I alwas tell my brats that if they keep fitghting Iwill duct tape them together for a day. Usally that ends it a the go back to being noraml teens

yeah we had 2 girls and i we them in close1.1yrs apart.. and they tried being the rulers but i was fortunate to have big stick early on in life and they knew when the trigger had been pulled.. and i made them do things together as well to get over the bikkerun.. now they are close..the longer yu wait to gain control the harder it is..the last two are still changeable the 18 if they want to change can but its gonna be one tuff road to correct whats went wrong.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

this is what keeps you young. When the kids all start gettin along and keeping secrets from dad and mom, and depend on each other for covering their tracks, well, youre going to wish they were young and screaming at each other.
    then one day you just run out of energy and the kids just seem to not notice you anymore, its the hi daddy, kiss on the forehead, and off with their boyfriends and girlfriends.
    Only time you get noticed is when their car breaks down, they needed money for anything else, or its your birthday.(or fathers day)

Then they will leave, and youre going to wait for screaming and fighting grandchildren, and will be happy to watch them scream and fight.
    Take it all in, life goes by in a flash!

Insanity is hereditary, You get it from your children!:
    Jesus was a Woodworker

A teen age girl and a 12 year old girl who has been trying to be a teen ager for the past two years is a formula for uncontrolled insanity.
    Raising girls is different than boys by a whole bunch.
    Go into the shop, wear ear plugs, get in truck and drive someplace quiet. Anything. Whatever you have to do, leave them to the wife. She understands and really doesn't mind.
    There is no solution. At those ages, even they don't understand themselves.
    Good luck.

you could always do like a friend of mine's mom did, when she and her sister got into the last really big scrap. she dragged them both into the kitchen, handed them each a ridiculously big knife, and told them to finish the fight right now, or knock it off. it seemed to have worked.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking