Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Saw Info Request

Table Saw Info Request

This saw is up on the auction site here is Japan. There is no info about the maker but if you can see the voltage is 220v which means it is likely an imported saw. Anyone have any info on this based on the pics?

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k113866881

Alex, I guess you are getting your "220V" idea from the writing on the switch, right? I've found that lots of things here in Japan are made to be exported also, so they build them to run the US standard as well as the Japanese standard.

That saw looks so VERY Japanese to me, I would be rather surprised if it is an import, but I've been wrong before

Nice saw, but where the heck would you put that thing

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Alex, I guess you are getting your "220V" idea from the writing on the switch, right? I've found that lots of things here in Japan are made to be exported also, so they build them to run the US standard as well as the Japanese standard.

That saw looks so VERY Japanese to me, I would be rather surprised if it is an import, but I've been wrong before

Nice saw, but where the heck would you put that thing

Cheers!
    Ya you're right about the 220v info. There is no other info to go on ecept what is on the switch. I sent the seller a question asking about the motor specs. I also agree it looks domestic Where would I put it? Good question. At this point I am sussing it out.

alex,
    that looks t be an early model altendorf or wadkins?

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ent=Page61.jpg
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

It also has a second arbor, for a second blade
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Stu said, in part: "That saw looks so VERY Japanese to me..."

Is that an acceptable PC statement?

The saw looks Grizzly green to me.

Japan, Honk Kong, England, or Australia. How do I know? Because the siding table is on the wrong side!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Well here is a VERY Japanese saw that looks very similar to the one Alex posted.......

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b95489072

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Well here is a VERY Japanese saw that looks very similar to the one Alex posted.......

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b95489072

Yep that one looks similar but I think the one posted by Tod was close too. Anyway I wasn't looking at it right and didn't quite see how the beam extended in front of the saw. It's too big for my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Reid View Post
    Yep that one looks similar but I think the one posted by Tod was close too. Anyway I wasn't looking at it right and didn't quite see how the beam extended in front of the saw. It's too big for my shop.
    Yea that was my firt thought Alex where would you put something that size? I still like the PM2000 better. Mobility is the key for your space.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............