Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Table Saw Info Request

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zushi, Japan
    Posts
    739

    Table Saw Info Request

    This saw is up on the auction site here is Japan. There is no info about the maker but if you can see the voltage is 220v which means it is likely an imported saw. Anyone have any info on this based on the pics?

    http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k113866881

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tokyo Japan
    Posts
    15,807
    Alex, I guess you are getting your "220V" idea from the writing on the switch, right? I've found that lots of things here in Japan are made to be exported also, so they build them to run the US standard as well as the Japanese standard.

    That saw looks so VERY Japanese to me, I would be rather surprised if it is an import, but I've been wrong before

    Nice saw, but where the heck would you put that thing

    Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zushi, Japan
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Alex, I guess you are getting your "220V" idea from the writing on the switch, right? I've found that lots of things here in Japan are made to be exported also, so they build them to run the US standard as well as the Japanese standard.

    That saw looks so VERY Japanese to me, I would be rather surprised if it is an import, but I've been wrong before

    Nice saw, but where the heck would you put that thing

    Cheers!
    Ya you're right about the 220v info. There is no other info to go on ecept what is on the switch. I sent the seller a question asking about the motor specs. I also agree it looks domestic Where would I put it? Good question. At this point I am sussing it out.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ozarks
    Posts
    4,993
    alex,
    that looks t be an early model altendorf or wadkins?

    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ent=Page61.jpg
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tokyo Japan
    Posts
    15,807
    It also has a second arbor, for a second blade
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Posts
    11,832
    Stu said, in part: "That saw looks so VERY Japanese to me..."

    Is that an acceptable PC statement?

    The saw looks Grizzly green to me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Constantine, MI
    Posts
    7,890
    Japan, Honk Kong, England, or Australia. How do I know? Because the siding table is on the wrong side!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tokyo Japan
    Posts
    15,807
    Well here is a VERY Japanese saw that looks very similar to the one Alex posted.......

    http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b95489072

    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zushi, Japan
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Well here is a VERY Japanese saw that looks very similar to the one Alex posted.......

    http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b95489072

    Yep that one looks similar but I think the one posted by Tod was close too. Anyway I wasn't looking at it right and didn't quite see how the beam extended in front of the saw. It's too big for my shop.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salt Spring Island, BC Canada
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Reid View Post
    Yep that one looks similar but I think the one posted by Tod was close too. Anyway I wasn't looking at it right and didn't quite see how the beam extended in front of the saw. It's too big for my shop.
    Yea that was my firt thought Alex where would you put something that size? I still like the PM2000 better. Mobility is the key for your space.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Similar Threads

  1. Request from a VIP
    By Bill Arnold in forum Computer-Aided Equipment Project Showcase
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-13-2016, 06:04 PM
  2. By request;
    By Dave Hawksford in forum Finishing School
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 10:59 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 04:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •