Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surprise visit from a G-man

surprise visit from a G-man

We don't see many vehicles on our street that aren't recognized. And those are only about two a day.
    So, when I saw this black sedan slowly cruising by it go my attention. Then when it pulled up in front of the house the curiosity quotient went way up. When the visitor walked to my front door with identification and badge in hand I began wondering if I had buried the body deep enough.
    He was an ATF agent. More curioiser indeed. I haven't had a dealers license in twenty years and the last President I shot was Lyndon Johnson. So wassup?
    Well, he seemed nice enough. Had a gun, I didn't. So I let him in.
    Reason he came was to ask for help, yep, from me, in perhaps identifying the type of person who might have committed an attempted murder here in Arkansas.
    Couple months ago, a well known doctor, who is also President of the Board of Medicine in Arkansas was nearly killed by a bomb in his driveway. It was a particularly heinous and devious attack. When the doctor went to his car to go to work, a tire was laying in front of it. He had to move the tire to drive out. As he moved the tire it exploded. Very serious injuries.
    As the investigation started, I called the ATF, who is the investigating agency, with a theory.
    I served for years on the Arkansas Board of Nursing. We had many respondents who were put on suspension or probation for various violations. The medical board works with similar cases for doctors.
    Often (about 50% of the time) these folks fail to meet the requirements of their suspension or probation. Usually, they fail a drug screen or do not report for them. When that happens their licenses can get pulled and that ends their career.
    These folks do get very angry and emotional. My thinking is that someone in a position like that just went over the edge and attacked the doctor for revenge.
    The AFT agent, actually a nice guy, just wanted to verify that is was me who called and (I'm guessing here) not a crackpot or the guilty party trying to misdirect the investigation.
    As he left he said I probably would get more calls or visits about my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Well, he seemed nice enough. Had a gun, I didn't. So I let him in.
    Probably a good move...

Interesting story...sounds like a plot for a spy novel or something.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

well frank i aint gettin close to you no more,, your a bad person to assouciate with.. can yu imagine if had been there and he pulled in????? you woulda had a new door somewhere. cuz i woulda been GONE... me and them boys wouldnt get along.. i just look bad and to some of them ,thats all it takes.. and fer you well quilt by assoucation comes to mind
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

So, have you gotten a call from Tom Clancy wanting to write your story? Maybe consult on his next book?
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    well frank i aint gettin close to you no more,, your a bad person to assouciate with.. can yu imagine if had been there and he pulled in????? you woulda had a new door somewhere. cuz i woulda been GONE... me and them boys wouldnt get along.. i just look bad and to some of them ,thats all it takes.. and fer you well quilt by assoucation comes to mind

Frank will keep a hat around just for you.On the front it will say

I'm just a big cuddly puttytat purrrr.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    Larry, ye have no idea how many of my friends look a lot like you. And, most, like me, almost always wear some camoflage. He'd see you and just think 'situation normal'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    So, have you gotten a call from Tom Clancy wanting to write your story? Maybe consult on his next book?
    HIS? next book?
    Rennie, ye cut to the quick.
    Make that MY next book.
    Only difference between Clancy and me is he is published and rich and I don't want to be rich or famous until I'm dead. Not.

I saw that story on the news the day it happened. I immediately thought the same thing when they said what he did--he helped take away some doc's license and now they are mad. They are JUST starting to consider that possibility????????

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    I saw that story on the news the day it happened. I immediately thought the same thing when they said what he did--he helped take away some doc's license and now they are mad. They are JUST starting to consider that possibility????????
    No, Matt. They looked at that immediately. But, as the agent told me, they are looking at every case ever to come before the board since he has been on it. My suggestion was to narrow to the type of individual I described. My observation and experience tells me those are the most likely to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    HIS? next book?
    Rennie, ye cut to the quick.
    Make that MY next book.
    Only difference between Clancy and me is he is published and rich and I don't want to be rich or famous until I'm dead. Not.
    I stand humbly, and embarrassingly, corrected.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com