Spending Money to Save Money

I've used a self-propelled mower two or three times and it just seems harder to control and more tiring than pushing it myself. When it comes to lawnmowers, I'm of the 'cheap is fine' school of thought. Last one I bought is a decent Craftsman 22" mulcher... $200 on closeout. Seems like it was something over $300 regular price.

I haven't mowed the lawn but maybe once last year. I got an old cub cadet rider and the kids fight over who gets to mow the yard. :D I have thought about getting a sheep or two. They keep the grass right close and fertilize the lawn at the same time. A goat will keep the weeds gone. I used to have an extra grandmother across the road. She was pathological about neatness. Once when our mower was broke down and the lawn wasn't getting done she pestered her son to go mow the neighbors weed patch. After he mowed over some flowers and shrubs I planted:( I had motivation to fix the dang mower.

Vaughn, You got a good thing with the exercise. Every step will be extending your lifespan. If ya find it getting too easy you can always pick up one of those old rotary push mowers. :D (I wonder if he's installed a beer holder on the handles yet?):huh:

They DO sell them...... :rolleyes:

lawnmower_L.jpg
mowbuddy1a.jpg

:D :thumb:

They DO sell them...... :rolleyes:

lawnmower_L.jpg
mowbuddy1a.jpg

:D :thumb:

Sheesh, since I've never seen those for sale around here, I'm gonna HAVE to make me one of those. Why didn't I think of that?:doh: It never fails that whenever my knee needs a rest and/or I want a drink, that stinkin' water bottle is ALWAYS at the exact opposite end of the yard, OR in the Other yard where I forgot and left it.:doh::doh::doh:

Vaughn,
You can't go wrong with a Toro.. I have a Toro Pony, riding mower... my yards is about 3/4 of an acre, half that is either up the hill or down the hill.. my back yard is level for about 6 feet behind the house, the goes up hill until the back side of the lot is about 20 or 30 feet higher than the roof of the house... at least a 20 or 25 degree angle... it's kinda scary trying to ride parts of that hill, but my little Pony zips up and down like it's level ground. The parts I can't ride on get cut with a Sears 6.0 hp "self propelled" walk behind... it's only partially self propelled, but I don't have to push too hard... biggest task is to keep it from sliding off the hill sideways.