First show of the year (Small Gloat)

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
Today was the first day of a two day show. The first show of the year for me.

No cost at a nursery. They have a spring and fall show. Did the fall show last year and did VERY well.

Started off slow. 35 degrees outside, but very comfy in the greenhouse. Only had one sale, but the customer was a TRUE WOOD LOVER. Bought three nice pieces. I hope that tomorrow is as good. Got some turning done, too.

Good start to the year!

Bruce

Congrats on the good first day, Bruce. :thumb: I'm looking at doing my first of the year next month. Still a bit worried about making the entry fee back, though. It's a show I've been successful at in the past, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your interest, Vaugn and GOOD LUCK at your show.

Time for an update.

Sold only one piece, but more money than yesterday.

BTW Folks, you might look into this kind of show. In this time of bad economics, People are out there that are willing to pay $5000.00 for a fountain in their yard, have money to spend on quality wood turnings.

Bruce

Last edited:
Glad you had success Bruce!:thumb:

I had my first show of the year........made double the booth fee......I consider that a poor show and hope it is not an indicator of the summer to come:D

Congratulations Bruce.

I wish this is the starting of a good year for you and for all those that like you sell their pieces at wood shows.:thumb::thumb:

glad you got off on the right foot bruce,, and to me it would be a draw to have someone actually making the stuff in front of me and would tend to make a sale more inviting.