Incra PLR-V2 Lift & Milwaukee Router Arrived >>Starting The Build <<

I have run the 5625 for quite awhile and the best thing I can say about it is that I never have to think about it. The motor is positioned so that the VS control faces the door opening. Changing speed is the only reason you need to touch the motor below the table. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Hey Stu, I've been thinking for a while on getting a good router lift system. After seeing your post and doing a little checking myself I pulled the trigger today and ended up getting the same system. Looks like a great way to go. Now I just got to get me a new table (saw) to put it in. :D:thumb:

The router came today via UPS, nice an quick...............

milwaukee_5625-20_a.JPG milwaukee_5625-20_b.JPG

.............this certainly is one serious chunk of router :thumb:

It looks like it is built like a tank, and it is surprisingly quiet, and that soft start sure is sweet.

I'm still waiting for the router lift, Japanese Customs has had it now for three days, another of the 9 out of 10 packages of mine that get opened when I import anything :doh:

View attachment 30676 View attachment 30677

It looks like it is built like a tank, and it is surprisingly quiet, and that soft start sure is sweet.

I'm still waiting for the router lift, Japanese Customs has had it now for three days, another of the 9 out of 10 packages of mine that get opened when I import anything :doh:

Stu, they are just testing it out for you to make sure it isn't defective:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Nice looking router. I thought about that one but went with the freud plunge and fixed base 2 1/4 hp router kit. That one is amazingly quiet also. I can actualy hear what loml is saying without here having to shout.:rolleyes:.

View attachment 30676 View attachment 30677

Stu, I got the router lift and the router today. How bout you? Did your lift come today? It's a very nice unit.

OK, some pics........

plr-v2_boxed.jpg plr-v2_boxed2.jpg
It all comes well boxed up well, in the second pic, the rod is on top of the lift, but I put it there, it was not sitting on top when it arrived.

plr-v2_bits1.jpg plr-v2_bits2.jpg
Here are all the bits that came in the box.

Just by looking at it and hefting it, I have to say it sure looks well built, it screams quality.

plr-v2_router_2_mount.jpg
Mounting the router motor in the lift could not be simpler.....

plr-v2_router_in_1.jpg plr-v2_router_in_2.jpg
.... line up the height adjusting rod on the router to match the hole on the lift and then slide it in, make sure the adjusting rod is not making contact on the lift, then.........

plr-v2_tighten_router.jpg
.... tighten the four set screws, you can only get to 3 initially, then you lower the router in the lift a bit and tighten the fourth set screw.

plr-v2_ready_2_go.jpg
Now I just have to make a spot for it to go in my SawStop right wing area.

Cheers!

Stu, I got the router lift and the router today. How bout you? Did your lift come today? It's a very nice unit.

Alex, how long did it take for your lift to go through customs?? Just wondering if they checked all packages or just picked on anything with Stu's name on it!:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

By the way Stu that is one fine looking set up! Looking forward to the install phase.:thumb:

Stu,

What was the key point that made you change your mind and get the Incra lift over the Pinnacle:dunno:. I'm courious because I have looked at alot of them lately and they all have good features.

Alex, how long did it take for your lift to go through customs?? Just wondering if they checked all packages or just picked on anything with Stu's name on it!:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

By the way Stu that is one fine looking set up! Looking forward to the install phase.:thumb:

Stu's a special case who deserves special attention. :D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stu's a special case who deserves special attention. :D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You know me Well Alex :D

OK, a quick question for you guys, how far from the edge should I put the router lift into my extension table?

Basically how much room do you need in front of the lift?

I'm thinking at least 12", but not much more, or it becomes a stretch to use the router table :dunno: but too little and you don't support the work enough :huh:

Thoughts?

I don't know if this helps, but this is how I have mine
3-27-09%20016.jpg
I find myself working more on the left side of the bit with the fence to the right. Feels more comfortable to me this way. Most shapers I've worked on had about 16" from the spindle to the front edge.

Thanks Alan and Bill! :thumb:

table_hole_idea.jpg
This is an idea of where the hole would be, it is about 13" from the table edge to the bit, so it sounds like I'm in the ball park :D

I changed one thing with the way the router goes into the lift......

lift_front_with_rod.jpg
This is the way it was stock, there is an adjusting rod on the Milwaukee router that has to go into a hole, this works fine, but, it puts the speed control for the router at the back.........
lift_back_with_rod.jpg
Not the best way to have it.

router_rod_removed.jpg
I found that removing just one bolt, I could remove the adjusting rod, and then place the router motor in any position I want.

lift_no_rod_front.jpg
Now I can put the speed controls to the front, which will be much better.

Cheers!

Stu,

I went out and measured mine. The edge of the table is 23" from the center of the bit. I really like having all that extra room for support when I'm routing the edge of a large flat piece, and I never have to worry about balancing the thing, or worry about an angled piece. It's not so deep that it's a problem of reaching or bending over, and the further the spinning bit is away from my body, the greater my comfort level. It's a little higher than most as well, which means that if I catch some shrapnel it'll hit my (substantial) belly fat rather than other targets... ;)

Just kidding. But I am so paranoid about safety I often keep a piece of wood on that large flat area just in case. I once broke a spinning bit, and I've been very careful ever since. It's the same reason I never use 1/4" shanks anymore...

Thanks,

Bill

Stu with the router mounted on the tablesaw are you going to use the fence from the saw or make/ buy a different fence:dunno:? Loml bought me an additional fence for my saw for christmas since I mentioned that there are times I need to use the router and the saw at the same time:thumb:. Just courious on your thoughts on this.