Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife bought me another tool.... It's here

Wife bought me another tool.... It's here

Just ordered the Hitachi C12LSH 12" sliding daul compound miter saw today. I have been shopping arond lately because my 12" Rigid saw is getting tired and I wanted to upgrade to a slider.

Stuart is the one who sold me on the hitachi when I ran across his thread about when he got his and remodeled his dungeon at the begining of the year. I have to say Stu that you give use alot of ideas on how to use space very efficiently.

The saw should be here around the 3-25 and comes with a mail-in-rebate for a free Hitachi M12VC fixed base router. Will post pics when it comes in.
    Last edited by Alan Bienlein; 03-28-2009 at 12:18 AM.

I got the 10" version last year. It also came with the same router. Haven't used the router yet, but the saw is very nice. Plan on getting a new blade. The one that comes with it is fine for rough cuts for framing work, but it's a little, ok a lot, rough for hardwoods. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

I went with the 12" because of the fact that I have a number of blades for it alreadyPlus it comes with the digital angle gauge for bevel cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bienlein View Post
    Just ordered the Hitachi C12LSH 12" sliding daul compound miter saw today. I have been shopping arond lately because my 12" Rigid saw is getting tired and I wanted to upgrade to a slider.

Stuart is the one who sold me on the hitachi when I ran across his thread about when he got his and remodeled his dungeon at the begining of the year. I have to say Stu that you give use alot of ideas on how to use space very efficiently.

The saw should be here around the 3-25 and comes with a mail-in-rebate for a free Hitachi M12VC fixed base router. Will post pics when it comes in.
    You have a really nice wife - and now a nice saw, too.
    Rich (the Yooper)

"To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world."

"Common sense is not so common."

Alan, I saw that new saw at the local woodworking show recently. Great machine. I was looking at the Hitachi stand to see what was out along exactly the same lines that Stu has. Unfortunately they were all sliders and I am looking to reduce the footprint of my chopsaw.

Will be great to see pics when it happens. Maybe I should hint to my wife that this would be a great birthday idea.
    cheers

Alan,

That's pretty sweet. I assume you've seen this: http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuild...w-hitachi.aspx

That digital readout is way cool. So is the microadjust. Wish my saw had that, it would save tons of time and frustration!

Congrats!

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Bill. I just looked at that video and the features shown in the video are some of the reasons I bought this saw. On one of my last projects I had to miter a straight and curved piece of trim for the front of some cherry built-ins and that fine adjustment would have come in real handy.

I also just sold my old Ridgid chopsaw to help finance this purchase.

Wife bought me another tool.... It's here

Well Fedex finally showed up today with my new chopsaw. I think the box was bigger than the one my Tablesaw or bandsaw came in. I was happy that it doesn't take up anymore room than the ridgid chopsaw did.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-27-09 010.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	30283
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-27-09 011.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	30284

Name:	3-27-09 013.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	30285

And I didn't think the laser was going to be as bright as it is.

Name:	3-27-09 014.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	30286

So far I'm really impressed with the saw. Everything is easy to use. Now I need to do something about dust collection on it. While I was at it I took some pictures of my new router setup. The router was free so the only cost was for the router raizer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3-27-09 015.jpg   3-27-09 016.jpg   3-27-09 018.jpg  

One suggestion: Get rid of the green plastic pieces in the base, and replace them with one fitted piece of half inch plywood (Baltic Birch works great) for a 'zero clearance' insert. It'll really help keep the bottom side of your cuts splinter free.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

holy moly, that is one beautiful looking piece of equipment, last piece of equipment Im looking to purchase, share a few more words about it once you give it a good workout.