Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally I get to Gloat !!!!

Finally I get to Gloat !!!!

Well Xmas came early this weekend. A certain gentleman arrived at my place on Saturday around lunchtime to collect a machine that I had purchased on his behalf and stored waiting for him to collect it when he could.

Before we could load the machine he opened the tailgate and said "well we have to offload this lot first". I said "all of it?" he said "yes what do you think i am going to do with it". Well three good loads later I had all this "real" wood.

Now for those of you who dont know up to now I have been living with plywood and HD hardwood when I have the cash and need a specific piece. Having just recently got my own jointer and moving into the shop I have been itching to get going with some real wood instead of living from off cuts.

Could hardly sleep last night trying to think of what to build that would be worth of this stash.

So a very big thank you to the "Ambassador" for not only coming by but bring me this great gift.

What a stash and a brazen gloat.

Hey Allen you got some competition now that i have some "Real" Wood. But i fear you are ahead of me by many lengths or should I say board feet.

As you can probably tell I am like a kid with a new toy on Xmas day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2801.jpg   IMG_2802.jpg   IMG_2803.jpg  
    cheers

Thats some sweet looking wood Rob. Sounds like good karma. Can't wait to start seeing the pictures of what you are going to build.

nice stack, time to get busy

I live in Denton, Texas and ranched at Schulenburg, Texas.

GREAT GLOAT

Enjoy your lumber!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Gerdes

Rob,

Congrats on your good fortune! When I was just starting to do real work, I bought a bunch of sycamore (it was cheap) as "practice wood". Lesson number one I learned: It takes a LOT of wood to make something!

Oh, and get that plastic wrap off there right now! That's close to blasphemy!

Thanks,

Bill

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Great stash Rob! Whatcha goin ta make?????
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

Hey there Rob, what a nice load of wood and a very nice accommodation from both of you to each other. Congratulations to you both. Don't know if that Bearded fellow is a scholar or not... but he is Most Assuredly a "Gentleman".

Now have some fun and make something Real Purdy.

Well, Rob that man is for sure a gentleman, and the good thing about him is that he doesn't care whether it is christmas or not.

Now, you've got everything you need to make great pieces, and if you don't know what to do just let me know

If you have problems with this wood because you're used to plywood, I suggest you stick to plywood and just send that brown wood over here.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

SWEET!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Well Xmas came early this weekend. A certain gentleman arrived at my place on Saturday around lunchtime to collect a machine that I had purchased on his behalf and stored waiting for him to collect it when he could. ...
    Wow, quite a weekend! First Larry and Tom showed up, then some "gentleman" guy comes along and brings you wood.

Congrats on the lumber, Rob.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com