Happy Birthday Bill Lantry

:b-day_cake::b-day::b-day:

Enjoy your day Bill. Have great one and I hope you get something nice for your shop. Recession or no recession there is always something even a small something that one can get for the shop.:D

:b-day:

Hope you have a good one...take the day off Bill! :)

Thanks, everybody!

Yes, I'm taking the day off! At least from the University! ;)

he cant have a day off,, he has a kitchen to finish:) HBDAYhttp::D

Larry, direct quote from Doorlink: "Larry's my new best friend!" And yes, I'm going to get another row of tile laid today on the vertical wall. :doh:

Bill, you were born one day late. :D

Jeff, it's the story of my life: a day late and more than a dollar short! ;)

Hope you got some cake Bill, and a toy or two, have a great Birthday!:thumb:

The General Counsel's office baked me a cake yesterday: german chocolate! Yum! No toys this year: we're broke! :dunno: Besides, because of previous birthdays (Jointer, Lathe, Festool, etc...) I'm out of major tools to buy... ;)

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you get lots of toys and fun stuff... maybe a really good book about craftsmen and their creativity entitled "The Craftsman" by Richard Sennett! http://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-Prof-Richard-Sennett/dp/0300119097 Forum members who like to read, this is a GREAT book. I highly recommend it. Have a good day, Bill.

Thanks, MJ! That's a very cool book! Anyone who wrtites something called "The Culture of the New Capitalism" has my interest! Cool line from the review: "The template of craftsmanship, he finds, combines a "material consciousness" with a willingness to put in years of practice (a common estimate of the time required to master a craft is ten thousand hours) and a strategic acceptance of ambiguity, rather than an obsessive perfectionism."

I've got a few thousand hours to go before I get there... ;)

Happy Happy Day, Bill!
...art

Thanks, Art. Doorlink says to say "Hi" to Heather! :wave:

I hope you get something nice for your shop. Recession or no recession there is always something even a small something that one can get for the shop.:D

Thanks, Rob. I've got a gift card left over from Christmas, maybe I'll head off to Harbor freight and pick up some small thing...

Hope your wish comes true when you blow out the candles!!! And that you have a great day. Jim.

Thanks, Jim. When I blew out the candles, I just wished for one thing: that this time next year, I'll still be able to keep a roof over the boys', and Doorlink's, heads. Everything else we can deal with... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Many happy returns, Sir. :)

I'm feeling oddly nostalgic for some reason. I've "known" (of?) you for quite a while now. My first recollection was (seriously!) back in 2004 when i joined woodworking.com .. you were there, then about a month or two after I joined this place, I saw your posts. We're on the sawdusters list, too. The connections are always interesting to follow :D

I hope your day is every bit as happy as a day can be! :)