Thread: Router bit for making BaseBoards?

Router bit for making BaseBoards?

Anyone have a suggestion for a router bit to make a nice cut for base boards? Will be using a router table.

Maybe once my free Lennox blade comes in I could use it in my router. A real custom tool for a custom cut baseboard!

Mark

base trim

use a ogee profile bit and lay your trim face down and run along a fence but long piece of trim can be tough,, you might find it better to go buy some already made
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wingate View Post
    Anyone have a suggestion for a router bit to make a nice cut for base boards? Will be using a router table.

Maybe once my free Lennox blade comes in I could use it in my router. A real custom tool for a custom cut baseboard!

Mark
    Here's some:

http://www.freudtools.com/p-206-base-and-cap-bits.aspx

Do you have a idea asd to what you want? Here is a link to some molding knifes for idea'shttp://www.woodmastertools.com/s/support.cfm

There are numerous bits out there for that pupose. Check out www.EagleAmerica.com They have lots of different profiles. The problem is the stock you are going to run through your router table. Most stock for basebords is 1/2" thick. It may be hard to find in long lengths. You can always find 3/4" ,but thats a bit heavy. As Larry said may be better to buy ready made base board.
    If you make a mistake it was part of the original plan!

Thanks Larry, Charles, Al and Ron for the information.

Mark