Router bit for making BaseBoards?

Mark Wingate

Anyone have a suggestion for a router bit to make a nice cut for base boards? :huh: Will be using a router table.

Maybe once my free Lennox blade comes in I could use it in my router. A real custom tool for a custom cut baseboard! :rofl::D:rofl:

Mark

base trim

use a ogee profile bit and lay your trim face down and run along a fence but long piece of trim can be tough,, you might find it better to go buy some already made

Anyone have a suggestion for a router bit to make a nice cut for base boards? :huh: Will be using a router table.

Maybe once my free Lennox blade comes in I could use it in my router. A real custom tool for a custom cut baseboard! :rofl::D:rofl:

Mark

Here's some:

http://www.freudtools.com/p-206-base-and-cap-bits.aspx

206.jpg

206_2_.jpg

206_3_.jpg

There are numerous bits out there for that pupose. Check out www.EagleAmerica.com They have lots of different profiles. The problem is the stock you are going to run through your router table. Most stock for basebords is 1/2" thick. It may be hard to find in long lengths. You can always find 3/4" ,but thats a bit heavy. As Larry said may be better to buy ready made base board.:dunno: