New stuff

Jim Burr

It looks like us spinners are down on the postings. So here's a go at it.
First is a glue up stopper out of maple and mahogany, Spray lacquer finish. Next one is a peppermill, 11" out of some e-bay walnut. It sold in 10 minutes at work. Four coats of Wipe-on-poly (Thanks Bernie) and it functions well as a bat too!
The pic's are bad but the last one is a walnut bowl (e-bay) that was my second DNA thing. I really worked to dump all the flat spots that show up in my bowls. Same finish (thanks again). Since I haven't done that many...I guess it's the (;)) learning curve. Some that have a big blacktop in the middle or in the corner so I'm working on that. I was real happy that it passed Kerry's banana test :rofl::rofl:
Thanks :thumb: to all of you guys...and the occasional gal, who give us newbie's room to grow and try new stuff. Your ideas make us a lot better :thumb: And thanks for the Resizer Vaughn...It works!
Critique welcome, but mostly needed :eek:

Attachments

• Stopper.jpg
    Stopper.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 43
  • New mill photo.jpg
    New mill photo.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 44
  • mill top.jpg
    mill top.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 43
  • wood bowl 2.jpg
    wood bowl 2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 52
  • bowl 3.jpg
    bowl 3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 52
  • bowl 4.jpg
    bowl 4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 45
Thanks all :D. I working with a new camera and until I get it figured out, my stuff will look worse than usual. ;). Headin' out to the shop after I get more banana's :wave: