The dirty dozen!

Paul Downes

Well not all of them are dirty. Mostly just the boys and my 2-1/2 year old daughter who follows her older brothers around.

My wife called me last night around 11:45 pm and told me to hurry up and get the truck running cause her water broke. ( I was out in the shop resetting up my dado set to fix a brain fart.) I went over 90 mph and we made it into town in record time. The only cop was busy giving someone else a ticket so that was good. Got to the hospital at 12: 15 and welcomed my new baby daughter into the world at 12:39. I told the wife on the way that she wasn't going to blow the truck so she better just try to relax. She was too busy to hit me so that's good. :D

Baby # 12 is probably going to be named Lauren Rae. She weighed in at 8 -12 and was 22-1/4" long. Looks like a keeper. :D

Congrats, Paul. :congrats:

So...a whole 24 minutes from walking in the doors to holding a new daughter. What'd you and the wife do in your spare time while you were waiting...go down to the lobby and get a cup of coffee to help stay awake? :rofl:

Congrats on the little girl Paul - It's always nice to hear when one arrives in good health and without too much delay. Mom's in good health too I take it?

12 ..... you're gonna be even busier than you already are .... and that's already busier than I can ever imagine being....:doh:

cheers

John

Congratulations Paul....well now you have enough kids for a soccer team and 1 reserve but if you keep going and have 3 more you can have enough for a rugby team. Of course you coulf field a half decent hockey team with what you have but I think the different ages would be a problem. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

All the best hope the mom is fine and the baby looks like her mother.

My oldest son already has worked in a molding/ furniture factory. He is planning on working in my shop this summer. My little boys are out there all the time sweeping up sawdust. My wife just got a book on women in woodworking so she is making noise about building furniture. She cut her first dovetails a week ago. :thumb: My oldest daughter is going to work on our business website and do graphic designs for us. (she's majoring in graphic design.) Our business name is; Downes Family Woodworks LLC.

Looks like I won't have any problems keeping it in the family.

Congrats!

When my son was born, I stopped for a smoke before going upstairs after checking momma in... and got there just in time to carry him to the cleanup table. We cut that one a bit close. :eek: