Thread: My Albino Beagadoodle

My Albino Beagadoodle

Well I had another lamb, but my luck was not so good on this ram-lamb. First it was a ram-lamb and so nothing I can use to build my flock from. But more importantly, the lamb was not doing well so off to the Vet we went. It turned out to be nothing really. It has an infection of some kind, got some antibiotics and needed to be fed some electrolyte solution (gatorade).

Anyway as I walked into the waiting room a woman actually asked me this..."That is such an odd looking dog, what kind of breed is it?"

I should have said it was an Albino Beagledoodle, but I did not think that fast. It first struck me as odd that someone could not identify a lamb from a dog, but now I just think it is sad we are so far away from our food supply we cannot tell lambs from dogs.

Anyway I got a soft spot for this one I guess. Atlas he is a ram-lamb though so in 199 days he will have to be lamb chops.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BT and Lamb-small.JPG  
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Aww...he's a cutie. LOML would latch onto him and baby him like nobody's business. There would be no lamb chops for her.

One of our dogs is a strange-looking mixed breed with a chronic skin condition and a weird coat of hair. When people ask what breed he is, we say he's a Spotted Tibetan Water Dog. That shuts 'em up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phoenix Progress - 03 800.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	30251
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I imagine that would be the toughest part of raising sheep.

The lambs are just so darn cute...

(but tasty)
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

As I recall, Travis, lamb chops were part of the business plan.
    Last edited by Carol Reed; 03-27-2009 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Aww...he's a cutie. LOML would latch onto him and baby him like nobody's business. There would be no lamb chops for her.
    That's why I can never raise lambs, goats, calves or any other edible animal... my wife would name it, make it a pet and then we couldn't eat it.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    That's why I can never raise lambs, goats, calves or any other edible animal... my wife would name it, make it a pet and then we couldn't eat it.
    You just got to name them right...here are a few we have named over the years

Pig: Mr Bacon
    Cow: Big Mac
    Cow: Steak
    Cow: Quarter Pounder
    Lamb: Lamb Chops
    Dog: Dee Oh Gee
    Pig: Lassie
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
    Pig: Lassie

Oh Travis,, I needed a good laugh this morning,, Did lassie go for help?
    Throw Apples out the Windows, but make sure not to hit the Penguin.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it canít be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post

One of our dogs is a strange-looking mixed breed with a chronic skin condition and a weird coat of hair. When people ask what breed he is, we say he's a Spotted Tibetan Water Dog. That shuts 'em up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phoenix Progress - 03 800.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	30251
    He is very cute. Any chance the skin condition is do to food allergies?
    Dragon's Paradox - ** working on updates ** Custom and One Of A Kind Heirloom Quality Hand Crafted Jewelry & Gifts

I still remember several years ago a friend of mine had a flock of Barbado Sheep. I ask him for a lamb that I could BBQ for Easter. Barbado's are delicious and have a different taste. I get a call from him a few day's before easter and he told me he had butchered a lamb and for me to come get it. I go over to his place ready to put it in my ice chest when he hands me a Igloo Play Mate ice chest. I ask what is this and he tells me its the lamb. I look in and ask if it was butchered after it dropped from its mother. He laughed and said it was a few weeks old. Travis it was not much bigger than the one you are holding in your arms. It was about enough meat for 5 people and very delicious.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Trout View Post
    I still remember several years ago a friend of mine had a flock of Barbado Sheep. I ask him for a lamb that I could BBQ for Easter. Barbado's are delicious and have a different taste. I get a call from him a few day's before easter and he told me he had butchered a lamb and for me to come get it. I go over to his place ready to put it in my ice chest when he hands me a Igloo Play Mate ice chest. I ask what is this and he tells me its the lamb. I look in and ask if it was butchered after it dropped from its mother. He laughed and said it was a few weeks old. Travis it was not much bigger than the one you are holding in your arms. It was about enough meat for 5 people and very delicious.

Alan
    Oh yes, Hot House Lambs they are called. Just like veal they are young and are fed a milk-only diet. Slaughter weight is 40 pounds so in a months time or so, they are ready to be slaughtered.