....anyone here turn pens?

James Edwards

.. and would be interested in some 1.5" x 1.5" figured cherry... very OLD cherry ?? I have some pcs from 6" up to 18" or so left over from table legs I just cut. probably enough for a couple dozen pens or more.
free but you pay shipping. :thumb:

.. and would be interested in some 1.5" x 1.5" figured cherry... very OLD cherry ?? I have some pcs from 6" up to 18" or so left over from table legs I just cut. probably enough for a couple dozen pens or more.
free but you pay shipping. :thumb:

James, thank you for offering, I would be interested, but only one piece so others can also use them.

When you say old, is there an interesting story behind the Cherry?

count me in too, a couple of pieces only, gotta make sure enough for others too. first rule i was taught as a lad.

I could use 2-3 6" blanks as long as there is plenty for all :thumb:

I would be interested also. All or one, it's up to you.
Dale

James, thank you for offering, I would be interested, but only one piece so others can also use them.

When you say old, is there an interesting story behind the Cherry?

Frank: one is is...
Dale:I'll make sure you get a couple...
Jim: not a problem...
Dan: will send you a couple,too... and the lumber was given to me by my neighbor, whos' helping a friend install a new furnace. the lumber was given to him by the person who owned thecirca 1900 home . as best as the owner can remember, it's been there 50 years or so... the furnace they replaced was a coal furnace,and some of the boards had clinkers(burnt coal residue) embedded in them..they did a job on my planer knives,too..much of the wood was rotten,too. but these pcs are from a 2" x 10" x 8' figured board, that was only 50% usable...shame,too. but what was left was sweet...and you'll see.
Please PM/email me your addresses please... figure $5 for shipping, as I'll send 'em Priority Mail!!

Yes, I do turn pens and your wood sounds great. But, I'll decline as I'm trying to put more emphasis on other woodworking/turning type projects and I have thousands of blanks on hand now. Thank you for your offer.

I wanted to follow-up publicly after having sent a PM to Butch.

A very big thank you for the beautiful pieces of Cherry! The look, feel, and smell of old wood is a true pleasure. Because I really try to respect what wood gives to us, I am planning to do something special with it and this will allow my to "share back" with Butch by sending something back to him.

Again, thank you for sharing Butch, and thank you Family Woodworking for being a vehicle where like minds share experience, joys and pitfalls, and the fruits of our labor.

Frank

James, jump into the pen blank swap Ned is setting up. Then you could add a few of these to the box when it gets to you and take out a few that you don't have. :thumb::thumb:

I wanted to follow-up publicly after having sent a PM to Butch.

A very big thank you for the beautiful pieces of Cherry! The look, feel, and smell of old wood is a true pleasure. Because I really try to respect what wood gives to us, I am planning to do something special with it and this will allow my to "share back" with Butch by sending something back to him.

Again, thank you for sharing Butch, and thank you Family Woodworking for being a vehicle where like minds share experience, joys and pitfalls, and the fruits of our labor.

Frank

Jonathan.. I don't turn wood, nor do I plan on turning...I just wanted to share some old wood w/those that do.;)

Frank... I appreciate your kind words and your positive attitude towards fellow WW'ers!! :thumb: