Are You A Registered Family Woodworking Voter?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the Off-Topic post, but I want to get the word out to those folks who don't often drop by the Members Only forum, but we have a forum election coming up the first of April, and we're really like as many forum members as possible to vote for the next generation of the Moderator team. (And if you'd like to throw your hat into the ring and run for a Mod position yourself, there's still time to do that, too.)

In order to vote in the election, you need to be "registered", but registration is easy and fast. Frank Pellow described the process nicely in this thread:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2603

If you have previously registered, there is no need for you to register again. But if you have not registered before, you need to do it before April 1, since the registration closes when the election polls open. ;)

Please take the time to register and cast your votes for the incoming Moderators. Member participation is part of what makes Family Woodworking work, and your input is appreciated. :thumb:

UPDATE:
Voter Registration will close tomorrow at Noon and re-open after the election. Polls will Open on the morning of April 1st and remain open for 7 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know if your registered?

Click on the "Users CP" link in the top left hand corner of any screen, then on the left you will see a bunch of headings, under "Networking" you will see a link titled "Group Membership" click that and it will say if you are a member of the "Registered Voter" group.

Cheers!

hey vaughn as off right now how many registered voters do we have?

There are 216 members registered to vote. Some are likely no longer active, but that's the count. We had 99 voters in the last election. Let's see if we can get more than that this time. ;)

It would be great to get a bunch of new people to run for mod positions to experience a bit more about what is needed to keep the forum running like it does, or help mold it a bit. A year is a long time, but you can get a different perspective on what goes on. With more new members given the opportunity to serve, we might also get more members voting for who they would like to see as mod.

There are 216 members registered to vote. Some are likely no longer active, but that's the count. We had 99 voters in the last election. Let's see if we can get more than that this time. ;)

thanks vaughn that was my hope as well,, more voters better chance of gettin the family forum to be continued in its family nature..we are one and try to be one for all!

I confess to have never voted in these elections even though I've been a member of FWW for quite some time and consider this my primary woodworking site. My rationale is that I just can't get around the fact that I don't know anything about the nominees and just don't feel right about either voting for (or against) a nominee based on such limited information.

I would like it known that I appreciate anyone willing to volunteer though. :thumb:

Last edited:
I confess to have never voted in these elections even though I've been a member of FWW for quite some time and consider this my primary woodworking site. My rationale is that I just can't get around the fact that I don't know anything about the nominees and just don't feel right about either voting for (or against) a nominee based on such limited information.

I would like it known that I appreciate anyone willing to volunteer though. :thumb:

I understand your thinking Peter, and respect it :thumb:

I have met only a handful of the guys and gals here, and I do not expect to meet many anytime soon, sadly, but I think I get a fairly good idea of who they are by the posts they make and the comments they offer, the stories they tell, and the conversations they have here.

Honestly, I think that if you do that, you can get a fairly good read on people, well, as good as you can by knowing someone on the net.

Please people register and vote.

When we started this place, with the crazy idea to make it member owned and run, there were a lot of people who said it would not work, and I mean a LOT of people :)

We do not have the largest site, but I think we have a very good group of woodworkers here, the knowledge base is amazing, on just about any subject. I find the real friendly atmosphere here hard to beat, and I hope that it continues for a very long time.

Unlike many places, we don't have our hand out for money, and we don't have adverts plastered all over the place, but what we do ask is that people take part in the forum, in the simple act of registering to vote and then voting.

Off my soapbox now, I hope you all had a great weekend :wave:

Stu

Last edited:
Phew, been meaning to do this for some time. Now I am proud to say I am finally a registered voter. Thanks to all who make this place operate.:thumb:

In time I will pluck up the courage to throw my hat into the ring. For now I am still learning.:(