EB4424 - Yeah, Me Too [update with DC fix]

Rex Bloem recently suggested rigging a 4" DC hose to the sander to catch the dust closer to the source. See post #7 here:http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13572

I added a little to the dust collection and thought I'd add some pics here:

A 2-1/2" wye; I had to enlarge the inside diameter of one end to fit a shop vac. . . . Now how will I do that? Oh yeah, spindle sander :D, a rubber coupler from the BORG and some flex hose.

1-EB4424-Dust-Collection.jpg

Goes together like so:

2-EB4424-Dust-Collection.jpg

With the rigid flex hose you can really get in close without hitting the abrasive:

3-EB4424-Dust-Collection.jpg

My small vac in this part of the shop serves a few different tools. I just move the hose from DP to small BS to sanders; each of them activate the vac:

4-EB4424-Dust-Collection.jpg

Slips off for storage in the cabinet:

5-EB4424-Dust-Collection.jpg

Last edited:
OK Glenn, you beat me to it. That collection with the Y was on my todo list, but I haven't got there yet. I was also going to build a small hood at the end of the hose by the belt. Knowing you you will have that done before I even get the parts. Enjoy the sander. I have added a piece of 1/2 particale board to the top if I'm doing narrow parts that want to slip in the groove of the main top and twist slightly and put and angle on the edge when I want it square. It also helps with paper wear when using directional belts to wear the top portion of the belt.

Hey Glenn.

When are you going to post pics of that cool box that sneaked next to the sander on the pic?
Naughty boy... making things and not posting them... tch, tch,;)