Thread: It's been one of those weeks

It's been one of those weeks

I wasn't able to get the clock finished before I went on vacation last week but my plan was to finish figuring out what I wanted to do while I was on vacation and then work on the clock when I got back. Well I was able to get the crown molding on and make a simple little base for it last Friday but then my plans went awry.

Where I work my team is on call 24x7. There are 6 of us and we rotate keeping the oncall phone a week at a time. This week was my week to carry the phone. Most weeks area fairly mild with only a few middle of the night type issues. This week though has stretched the meaning of 24x7. Then, just when I think I'll be able to get a little shop time in, the country hits a deep freeze and I've got 6" of snow outside with the shop temps in the 30s. I know that's warm weather to some of you but it's a bit colder than I like it to be to put finish on.

I give the phone to someone else next week and it's supposed to warm up into the '70s so maybe I'll get some quality time in this coming week. I hope so as I've still got to make my "round" thing for the swap.
    Last edited by Terry Rodecker; 03-29-2009 at 08:35 PM.