Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatya Up to this weekend

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Whatya Up to this weekend

I'll be turning at a local craft fair on Saturday, got a few things to sell mostly bottle stoppers and lamps. I didn't have but two weeks to get ready for it. Oh well , I'll know better next year. I'll post picture on Sunday.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I would turn something but I don't have a lathe right now. Guess I'll have to do some flat work. My daughter has patiently been waiting for her doll's chest. I started about a year and a half ago.

Since I have been away from home for 3 weeks working, I think this weekend I'll take the Mrs. out to dinner and a movie on Saturday night, then maybe get my tools and shop reorganized sometime on Sunday.

Yard and gutter cleanup ...Have to figure out a magnetic knife holder for the head chief (me) ...church stuff ...I have guys out all over the world right now so work has to fit in somewhere. Sure hope I get to sleep in a little...the old bones is tired.

i`ll be helpin` the 14y/o pull the cab/fenders-n-bed off of the 51 so we can get the 48 cab ready to drop on the 51 frame....she worked all summer to save enough to buy the 51....it has a fresh motor, 4-speed trans, good runnin` boards, spare fenders, hood and tailgate.....i`ll bet she`ll be the only girl in her school to have built her own first car(truck) .........yeah i`m proud of her but don`t anybody repeat that! ........tod

whoops.........pic.

Attachment 156

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt

This weekend

Going with the family to the Dixon, NM art fest. We have lots of small towns in NM that are havens for artists. They each do a studio tour once a year, so you visit the studios and the artists sell their stuff. Its a lot of fun and you see places you wouldn't normally.

In the wood world, its a catch-up weekend. I'm theoretically building a dining table for SWMBO, but every time I get started I think of something I need to do first - one step forward, two steps back. I started building a mortising jig for my DeWally router, but decided I needed another jig to route the slots on the mortise jig. Stop thinkin Jess and get to work!

Maybe I'm a little nervous. I suspect that if I don't do a good job on that table I may be dining in the doghouse

I'm headed out to some kind of wine tasting thing tonight at the behest of SWMBO and then up tomorrow at 4AM to head up to the Great Smokey Mountains National Park to fish with some pals this weekend. Flyfishing that is! The wine thing is to pay my way to the "man fest in the mountains." My wife said she would give me a kitchen pass if I took her out first...

Steve Clardy Guest
    Grandkids are here, so will be spending some time with them.
    Need to cut some more firewood and brush.
    Some shop time probably. Need to get started staining some baseboard.

Paperwork and Tree Clean-up

Well this weekend I've got paperwork and bills to take care of. And then... "if" I get finished with the paperwork and if Marty doesn't need my help with the shop I'd like to get the tree debris cleaned up from when the power company came through to install power to the shop. They cut 20 of our pine trees down along the shop driveway for their right-of-way... ... which I hated. We already cleared out (turned to firewood) over 2 acres of trees and I didn't want to lose any other mature trees. It's going to be cool here this weekend... good time for a burn pile...