foot stool idea

With the cloud-lift motif that is really asking for some ebony pegs/accents, eh? Very nice G&G look.

I was sure you were going to say something like that Glenn, ;) if not it would have been me:D

I like the G&G look also, but the legs seem a bit massive for the style. JMHO

I agree, although it may be the prespective view plus the fact that there is no top and a "scale indicator" next to it, those things help to perceive things properly.

I like it very much, Dan what are you going to do with the top? Solid wood, upholster, wowen net?

since it is going to be a permanent part of the living room set, it will be finished the same, with a drop in upholstered cushion, with the same fabric as the other furniture. if i remember correctly, the legs are 2"x2" square.

since it is going to be a permanent part of the living room set, it will be finished the same, with a drop in upholstered cushion, with the same fabric as the other furniture. if i remember correctly, the legs are 2"x2" square.

Now I have to definitely agree with Rennie, 2 x 2" seems too thick for such a piece I'd rather go to 1 3/4"

Are the other pieces going to be 3/4"? Could you redraw with a 1:3 ratio of other piece thickness : leg thickness if not already?

Hmmm... 1:3 sounds like a good idea, but would give 2 1/4" square legs if the other pieces were 3/4" thick. Don't listen to me for design too much any way, as I'm one of those anti-conventional folks.

This doesn't work with your design, but when I read the title of your thread my first thought was that it would be really neat to have a foot stool with carved claw-on-ball feet.