Article - Knowing The Limits Of Rust Preventives

That is real interesting.
For my guns and tools, I have long used Rust Gard by Midway Arms, Rig and that never-fails-to-start-a-debate product WD-40. Also for tools, Johnson's Past Wax.
Generally, I never-ever tell anyone I use WD-40 on guns in storage. I'm sure to get lambasted by the WD-40 haters.
Would have liked to see his test results with the Johnson's paste wax.
Thanks for posting.

Hey Frank

No hijack intended just a funny sidetrack. You can all laugh as much as you want.

I dont know why but this post brought back memorys to me of my days in the army having to clean my rifle and a whole bunch of other guys rifles as well.

Well based in the bush with all sorts of objects and things getting into your rifle, cleaning was a pain in the you know what. Well myself and a sparkie (electrician) both had control over stores, supplies and machinery.
So we took the left over drums of Afgas ( Aviation Fuel) and put it in a spray gun and used to take our rifles on the night before inspection and give them a good striping using high octane fuel and the spray gun all over. All the remnants of any firing or dust were gone. Then lubricate the whole thing with nice clean gun oil. Passed inspection every time.

We were in the pub while other guys were using toothbrushes to get the dirt out.:D

This really was not wise practice but that the stupid things you do when you are 18 and conscripted. :rofl::rofl: