Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Gathering

Family Gathering

Last weekend a few Family Members managed to converge in the same spot at the same time at a very crowded woodworking show in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Left to right are Don Orr, Mark Kosmowski, Ken Werner, and Allen Levine.

Hope you all enjoyed the show as much as I did !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Family Gathering.jpg  
    Last edited by Don Orr; 04-01-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND

Look at that sweet Five Barns t-shirt.

It was a really good show. I learned alot, met some really great folks and saw some other great folks again since awhile ago.

Even though my tool haul was mostly spinny stuff, I do plan on making a shooting board after learning about them at the show.

Yep family get togethers are sure fun Nice you all could get together and enjoy the show

Talk about your rag-tag band of ne'er-do-wells... That Kosmowski fella looks like trouble just waiting to happen.

I'd have enjoyed being there at the show just to see Allen's reactions to his first woodworking show. (And it sounds like a good show, too. Not like the tired-out exhibition I attended out here a couple years ago.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

It was my first show too. There were a few time I found myself just staring into space in the vendor area, completely overwhelmed. Somehow I managed to pull myself together enough to pay attention to the seminars, but after the first three on Sunday (out of six possible) I didn't need to poke myself with a thermometer to know I was well done. That was when I just wondered around the vendor area doing my part to stimulate the economy.

SOrry I couldn't make the trip guys, Looks like y'all had a good time!
    -Ned

missed ya ned, hope all is well and quiet now.

I gotta get up to buffalo second week in May and get my daughters stuff home. Not sure if Ill be able to do the drive alone, but if I have room, Im going up to lakeshore for some cherry.Spoke with guys at the show, nice bunch of fellas.

Sounds like it was a good show and ya'll had a lot of fun. Thanks for the pic and names. It's always good to be able to put a face with the names on the posts as they come up.

You are all very fortunate to have a show so close. In the last 14 years there has only been one show that came to Boise and it was, um, not-so-hot. Especially since I remember going to the shows in north NJ and Port Washington , PA. Big ones. Now the nearest show is an 9 hour drive and an overnight stay away. Like Chuck, my pockets are too small. I'd blow my whole budget on transportation!

Great that you could all get together!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I was looking forward to it for weeks, and was not disappointed. Had a great time traveling with Mark and meeting up with old and new friends.
    Ken