Family Gathering

Don Orr

Last weekend a few Family Members managed to converge in the same spot at the same time at a very crowded woodworking show in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Left to right are Don Orr, Mark Kosmowski, Ken Werner, and Allen Levine.

Hope you all enjoyed the show as much as I did !:thumb:

Attachments

• Family Gathering.jpg
    Family Gathering.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Look at that sweet Five Barns t-shirt. :wave:

It was a really good show. I learned alot, met some really great folks and saw some other great folks again since awhile ago.

Even though my tool haul was mostly spinny stuff, I do plan on making a shooting board after learning about them at the show.

Talk about your rag-tag band of ne'er-do-wells...:p That Kosmowski fella looks like trouble just waiting to happen. :rolleyes: :rofl:

I'd have enjoyed being there at the show just to see Allen's reactions to his first woodworking show. (And it sounds like a good show, too. Not like the tired-out exhibition I attended out here a couple years ago.)

It was my first show too. There were a few time I found myself just staring into space in the vendor area, completely overwhelmed. Somehow I managed to pull myself together enough to pay attention to the seminars, but after the first three on Sunday (out of six possible) I didn't need to poke myself with a thermometer to know I was well done. That was when I just wondered around the vendor area doing my part to stimulate the economy. :rofl:

missed ya ned, hope all is well and quiet now.

I gotta get up to buffalo second week in May and get my daughters stuff home. Not sure if Ill be able to do the drive alone, but if I have room, Im going up to lakeshore for some cherry.Spoke with guys at the show, nice bunch of fellas.

Sounds like it was a good show and ya'll had a lot of fun. Thanks for the pic and names. It's always good to be able to put a face with the names on the posts as they come up.:thumb:

You are all very fortunate to have a show so close. In the last 14 years there has only been one show that came to Boise and it was, um, not-so-hot. Especially since I remember going to the shows in north NJ and Port Washington , PA. Big ones. Now the nearest show is an 9 hour drive and an overnight stay away. Like Chuck, my pockets are too small. I'd blow my whole budget on transportation!:rofl:

Great that you could all get together!

Good Show

I had a great time myself. I spent most of my time at Totally Turning but managed to do my part to stimulate the economy as well.

This show is unique in that it is put on by a local woodworking club (NWA) and done entirely by VOLUNTEERS:thumb:

Looking forward to next year.

www.woodworker.org

would be nice to have one in our ara that had actual projects andnot a bunch of tool junkies wanting to seell there xtra specail gizzmo.. we get the woodworks tour but i havnt heard of any that show projects like you guys went to.. looks like a good time was had by all. nice pic of the four of yu,, and yup allen your bigger than me:) had yu pictured as a frial fellar boy was i wrong:)

I can't go to those types of shows :thumb: My truck and pocket are to small:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Heck my pockets are plenty deep enough 1 is real deep it has a hole in the bottom & none of them have anything in them. When I get held up they'll feel sorry for me & give me money.:rofl:: Your right about Allen Larry his momma & yours must think the same "If in Doubt, Build it Stout!".:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
I'm glad that you had such a good time,:thumb: maybe we could think about having a "macro" or "global" FWW gathering sometime, if not well... we have the web;)