View Poll Results: The 2009 NCAA Mens Basketball National Champion will be the ...

12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michigan State University Spartans

7 58.33%
  • University of North Carolina Tar Heels

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody had to start it--MSU or UNC?

Indianapolis area

Somebody had to start it--MSU or UNC?

Which team will earn the title National Champion in Detroit Monday evening? I've got to go with the Tar Heels in a close one. No 35 point blow out this time. The crowd may pull the Spartans through. Should be a good one!

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    you left one out:

C too busy woodworking to notice.

Central (upstate) NY
    Come on Ned, it's an easy choice - vote for the Family member visiting in the closest amount of time - Larry!

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    Is this that thing where a bunch of growed up men run back and forth and bump into each other and get all sweaty - and try to stop each other from throwing a beach ball or something like that into a trash can with no bottom nailed way up on a pole?

Cheesh - why don't they take up woodworking or something like that?

Inside the Beltway

Alas, it's my favorite sport to play. Those are terrible words coming from a guy who plays center, but is only 5'11".

Anyway, favorite basketball quotes:

We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors. ~Weldon Drew

I haven't been able to dunk the ball for the last five years. Or for the thirty-eight years before that... ~Rick Barry

If you meet the Buddha in the lane, feed him the ball. ~Phil Jackson

And the #1 basketball quote of all time:

What is so fascinating about sitting around watching a bunch of pituitary cases stuff a ball through a hoop? ~Woody Allen, Annie Hall

London, Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    you left one out:

C too busy woodworking to notice.
    Yeah, I was hoping for some sort of a "C" also...

(I loathed basketball in high school gym class. Possibly even more than I loathed track. )

Of course if you want a really "exciting" spectator sport (sarcastic emphasis added) there is always poker. That one seems to be on the TV -- on a sports channel!! -- about 20% of the time these days when my colleagues wander down to the coffee club/pub for afternoon break. We all find that baffling. Possibly one of the most boring spectator sports ever.
    There's usually more than one way to do it... ........

Oklahoma City, OK
    Have to go with the Tar Heels. It's the only way I can make peace with the way they beat my beloved Sooners last week.

Coastal plain of North Carolina
    I haven't watched any sporting events in over 20 years and I will not watch tomorrow night. Haven't missed a thing in all that time....
    I may be getting a little older physically but mentally I'm still tarp as a shack.

Rio Rancho, NM
    I have to go with Michigan State. After their drubbing of UConn last night, you have to admit that they want it a lot more than anyone else. Of course, realistically, UNC will probably take the crown, but I really have to root for the underdog.
    Nancy Laird
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

new york city burbs
    green has been looking great so far, but blue is going to end their streak.
    I hope michigan makes it interesting at least.
    College basketball is by far one of the greatest sports to be a fan, for the schools, for the kids, but Im not really hoping any team wins in particular, I think both teams are great.

Im still ticked at the Manning brothers for not giving me the matchup I waited so long for.