Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st post saying hi

Outside the beltway

1st post saying hi

Mark invited me here from a artist sight.

I see allot of gifted and talented people here. I thought this might be a nice place to share.

Let me start off by saying I in no means know everything and I practice at what I do full time. I own an established Refinishing shop. I myself am a Conservator and perservationist but I also do regular refinishing on everyday furniture. I love getting the old period pieces that need someone who knows what there doing to give them life again.

I have 3 son's all out of the house but my youngest comes home often , He is away at school and is in the 11th grade. Married 28 years. I love Bow hunting , Turkey hunting , art, woodworking, making Flintlocks and all the acutterment that acompany hunting and re-enacting the French Indian war and Rev war. Fishing gets thrown in there somewhere.

Look farward to meeting ya all.

Born and raised Just outside DC in Md. a potomac river rat at heart.

My Web site enjoy
    Last edited by Dave Hawksford; 04-05-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Welcome to the family Dave! We've got another here that enjoys the blackpowder guns, but I'll let him introduce himself. I've got a few in the closent, but haven't had them out in years.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Plainwell, Michigan
    Welcome aboard Dave New talent is always welcome, especially from those of us (OK me) that have none . When you have some time, post some pics of what you do, would love to see some

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    ".....Flintlocks and all the acutterment that acompany hunting and re-enacting the French Indian war and Rev war."

Dave, ye gotta be one of the good guys. Ye sound like one of my kind of people. We have a couple other reenactors here as well. Welcome to the Family.
    I've been reenacting the Rev. Rifleman since 1976, got a beauty of a rifle. Will post pics sometime for ye to see.

Your business sounds interesting. I'm sure the guys will be picking your brains for tips.
    Frank a/k/a Rifleman1776

Rio Rancho, NM
    Dave, welcome to the Family. Glad to have you.
    Nancy Laird
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Delton, Michigan
    welcome Dave,, dont do the reinactment thing but your definatly talking my language when yu mentione bow hunting.. been doing that for over 30 yrs.. so if we ever get a chance to set down and chat i am sure we can share some stories..again welcome and your job sounds intersting and rewarding which so many these days dont...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

hi dave!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    Welcome Dave, there is a few lifetimes of knowledge here that I tap into alot.

Tokyo Japan
    Welcome to the Family Dave
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Welcome to the family Dave!! Used to own some Black power firearms too at one time. My favorite was a .58 Hawkins. Sold them when I move here. Gun laws and humidity here are killer.

What goes around, comes around.