1st post saying hi

Mark invited me here from a artist sight.

I see allot of gifted and talented people here. I thought this might be a nice place to share.

Let me start off by saying I in no means know everything and I practice at what I do full time. I own an established Refinishing shop. I myself am a Conservator and perservationist but I also do regular refinishing on everyday furniture. I love getting the old period pieces that need someone who knows what there doing to give them life again.

I have 3 son's all out of the house but my youngest comes home often , He is away at school and is in the 11th grade. Married 28 years. I love Bow hunting , Turkey hunting , art, woodworking, making Flintlocks and all the acutterment that acompany hunting and re-enacting the French Indian war and Rev war. Fishing gets thrown in there somewhere.

Look farward to meeting ya all.

Born and raised Just outside DC in Md. a potomac river rat at heart.

My Web site

colonialrestorationstudio.com enjoy

Last edited:
Welcome to the family Dave! :wave: We've got another here that enjoys the blackpowder guns, but I'll let him introduce himself. I've got a few in the closent, but haven't had them out in years.

Welcome aboard Dave :wave: New talent is always welcome, especially from those of us (OK me) that have none :p. When you have some time, post some pics of what you do, would love to see some :thumb:

Tom

".....Flintlocks and all the acutterment that acompany hunting and re-enacting the French Indian war and Rev war."

Dave, ye gotta be one of the good guys. Ye sound like one of my kind of people. We have a couple other reenactors here as well. Welcome to the Family.
I've been reenacting the Rev. Rifleman since 1976, got a beauty of a rifle. Will post pics sometime for ye to see.

Your business sounds interesting. I'm sure the guys will be picking your brains for tips.
Frank a/k/a Rifleman1776

welcome Dave,, dont do the reinactment thing but your definatly talking my language when yu mentione bow hunting.. been doing that for over 30 yrs.. so if we ever get a chance to set down and chat i am sure we can share some stories..again welcome and your job sounds intersting and rewarding which so many these days dont...:thumb:

Hey, Dave,

You do some awfully cool work, as evidenced on your site. Can't resist pointing out this one:

table2a.jpg

especially considering the 'before' picture! :thumb:

Your shop is a fer piece away from mine... at least five or six miles! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that out of all the forums I am on {DaveHawk hunting forum junky} and a Professional Finishing forum 2 artist forum , this has to be the greatist welcome, so many people to thanks , so I'll just say THANKS I'm glad to be here

To start here the flintlocks Curly 54 and Cherry 50, getts barrol, Davis Locks and Silar Trigers, the Charry is darkened with an acid to give a 200 year old look. Couple of horns, primer and Day horn. I used 100% tung oil only as the finished , rubbed in with the palm 25-30 coats.

The conon is a friends on his farm where we do allot of hunting and fishing and have a big 4th each year.

I have Hundreds of Pic's to share of work and play but being Monday I also have work. So again thanks for the welcome and have a great day. God Bless

Feel free to ask guestion about anything, if I can help I will. :thumb:

Bill; give me a call # on my web site, maybe we can talk shop.

Attachments

• IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1527.JPG
    IMG_1527.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1528.JPG
    IMG_1528.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG