Cherry Bowl

Here is another bowl out of cherry I finished turning. It has walnut oil for the finish. Will let it cure for a month. Talked with Mike about it and he said let it dry in ambient sunlight for 3 or 4 weeks. He said we could use it right away with no harm but before I sold it let it cure well. Anyway 10 1/2" across and 3" deep.

Attachments

• Cherry Salad Bowl 1.jpg
    Cherry Salad Bowl 1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Cherry Salad Bowl 2.jpg
    Cherry Salad Bowl 2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 30
Thanks. Royall my wife likes the edge like that because it is easier for her to pickup. She says people with arthur in their hands can handle a bowl that they can get a grip on. It has sold a lot of bowls.

That's what really matters, that the wife likes it and that buyers like it. When it comes right down to it, that buyers like it is really the most important. Otherwise we're turning dust collectors for our homes.

Bernie,
as always, you do nice work... I like the edge too... I think I'll try that on a few of my next bowls... wish I had some nice cherry like that... I picked up some a while back, but the ants had been to it and had eaten out a lot of the center... that's the reason the tree had fallen and I got it.

That lip is a nice touch Bernie:thumb: If you upgrade from your DVR...lemme know. I want to do stuff that big and functional one of these days ;)