Just My luck (WCSWCD)

Well its just my luck, I just joined the Waldo County Soil and Water Conservation District and the biggest flooding since 1947 came to the county last night. I joined up because I like farming, no one my age is getting involved in gov-ag issues and I really hate giving my soil to my neighbors. Well sure enough, about 3 inches of rain fell last night, and with the rather heavy snow pack melting along with it, this brought even more water to our poor little county.

I often joked that the diversion ditches the WCS&CD installed in 1947 had a gallon of water flow through them in the last 62 years, but last night I was glad they were in place.

It was the first time school was canceled here from the flooding with water cresting in the rivers Wednesday Night. I'm fine as I live on the top of a very big hill but I think even with those diversion ditches, the neighbors downhill from me got about 10 tons of free loam last night. :(

http://waldo.villagesoup.com/Government/story.cfm?storyID=153276

Well we lucked out last night because they had predicted rain, but we got snow instead. It will probably begin to melt later on today, but at least snow melts at a slower rate so maybe it will give the streams and rivers a chance to go down a bit before the melting snow gets there???