Discouraging news, and woodworking has just become that much more of a challenge

thanx, Im kinda dissapointed I decided to invite a ton of friends and family over tomorrow for a bbq, cause if I wake up with this vision tomorrow, Im ready to get that table rolling and time to practice some big dovetails.

the yard is just covered in sawdust since I started cleaning out the garage.
\

My wife has already told me if I dont clean up the sawdust on the driveway and yard area, she told me Im getting a burger with sawdust as a condiment.The sad part is I know shed do it if I didnt clean up.

Last edited:
My wife has already told me if I dont clean up the sawdust on the driveway and yard area, she told me Im getting a burger with sawdust as a condiment.The sad part is I know shed do it if I didnt clean up.
I think that's called Hamburger Helper.:rofl::rofl:

Hearing about your success with the treatment is the best news I've hear today. Keep it up!:thumb:

Allen's new low-fat high-fiber burgers, made with 100% natural cellulose supplements.

I think your wife is onto something here. Why don't you try some out on your guests tomorrow?

8:30 pm est, and the eyes have not failed yet today, I cant even describe the victory I feel inside.
Im busy trying to lay out my dust control lines and figure out what Ill need so I can go order it all and get it up within a couple of weeks.

Ill update again, since I got great news today from yesterdays cat scan of chest. No thymoma, I was surprised the doctor called me so early today, good way to kick off the day.I got a call last night almost 10 pm, the MRI machine broke down and I had to reschedule todays test.

Little things I notice, and I dont know if its disease related, or drug treament related-I tire quickly. Last summer I could work in the heat from 8 am till 10 pm, and still feel good. This year so far, Im tired all the time, Im sleeping better than ever, but Im just tired.
I couldnt get the pop in ring off the dust collector today, no way, I just didnt have the grip or the strength to pull it off.
I had to grap a pliers and pull the cloth to get it to pop off.
Guess I cant have it all.

Drug kicks in around 2 hours after my morning dose.
I took it around 8:15, by 10:30 I was able to function and see well enough to work with tools without special glasses.
ok, back to regular programming.(If this thread is innaproapiate for this site, I understand if the moderator has to elminate it, Its meant as a source of encouragement for anyone dealing with this)

Last edited:
Good to hear !

Sorry to hear about the fatigue, but VERY happy to learn things are improving overall.

MRI's are no big deal-I'm an MRI technologist by trade. Just real noisy and boring. Staying still is critical. The issue of metal fragments in your eyes is serious. The magnet is extremely powerful and it is ALWAYS ON ! There is documentation in the literature where a guy lost vision in his eye due to an old metal piece in his eye. This was in the early days of MRI. We are very careful - like doing Orbit Xrays like Rob said.

Oh, and just be careful you don't get the IV tubing sucked into the planer or something else !:eek::D:doh: