$99 -- Hitachi KM12VC 2-1/4-Horsepower Plunge and Fixed Base Router

Hmmm. Nahh, 3 routers are enough for now...:D

But yeah, this is a great deal. Reminds me of a bit over a year ago when I scooped one of the PC 690 routers with the free ROS tossed in for almost the same price.

I just bought the freud 1702 kit for $129. I'm happy with it :thumb:, just hate it when you see something similar for less:(

I just bought the freud 1702 kit for $129. I'm happy with it :thumb:, just hate it when you see something similar for less:(

Not worry Alan...even though they're both combo kits with dual bases, and I think both are great bargains for these prices, they're not all that similar. The FT1702 is better equipped for table use IMO....it has more power (13 amp vs 11 amp) and has full above table features. The Hitachi is smaller and better suited for hand use IMHO.

It must have been one of those 1 or two hour deals they have, 'cause it's back up to $150 now.

Keep checking for a while, if you can.

Back when I bought my PC 690 the price yo-yo'd over the course of a few days.
( I still think amazon is a bit nuts, but when you are the one benefitting...)

Keep checking for a while, if you can.

Back when I bought my PC 690 the price yo-yo'd over the course of a few days.
( I still think amazon is a bit nuts, but when you are the one benefitting...)

Yeah Art, they like to do that. I bought a replacement M12V when the variable speed module shot craps on the one I had, (in the middle of a project no less), and although I never caught it at its bottom price, I did finally get it for about $35 more than the Speed Module alond would have cost me.:D I was just checking the unit out though as I'm not really in the mkt for another router right now, as I have 5.:rolleyes::D I'm sure I will have a weak moment and add another at a later date though , what with all the refinements a lot of the new models have now.