Walnut Bowl

Jeff Bower

This is from the other half of this wedding gift bowl. Not quite as amazing looking grain on this side, but still some great figure! 11" wide and 4" high with a danish oil finish.

Comments/critiques please!

Attachments

• 100_0242.JPG
    100_0242.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_0243.JPG
    100_0243.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0245.JPG
    100_0245.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 29
Very nice, Jeff. That's some real nice wood, and you did a good job with it. I think I'd prefer a smaller foot, but that's just a personal taste thing that makes it a bit less usable.

I see you went high risk and tried a thin-walled bowl this time. :p

Just kidding...looks like this one still has some nice heft to it. :)

Very nice, Jeff. That's some real nice wood, and you did a good job with it. I think I'd prefer a smaller foot, but that's just a personal taste thing that makes it a bit less usable.

I see you went high risk and tried a thin-walled bowl this time. :p

Just kidding...looks like this one still has some nice heft to it. :)

There is a small 2" or so in diameter foot on it. Can't see it real well with the cloth the bowl is sitting on. High risk is right...about 1/2" walls. :rolleyes:

yup i noticed that as well vaughn:) but he did have some of that ugly brown wood like i have ,, he made his look purty though:D:thumb: must be i need to spin my shop around a few times to get the stash to look better:)

nice lookin bowl jeff, the thinner walls do more for it than the heavy one in this case..