Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blowing off Sanyo steam

Angry Blowing off Sanyo steam

As I write this I'm entering my 5th (that's right 5) hour of being on hold waiting for Sanyo projector tech support. I came in to church this morning to put together the video for tonight's service. When I turned on the projector all I could get was a green screen with black vert stripes. That was over 5 hours ago. For most of the time since then I have been listening to the same 60 second loop telling me what information I should have available for when the tech picks up the phone.

Sanyo handles ALL of their own projector service. No local place to go - you have to ship it to them.

Being on hold for 5 hours is absolutely unacceptable and I can't think of a worse way to treat a customer that has laid out nearly 10 grand for the pleasure of owning one of their projectors. What adds insult to injury is that this projector was in their service center just 4 months ago for some new guts after displaying all kinds of strange lines on the sides of the image.

Fortunately we have a back up, but it's only half as bright. Why does this always happen just before a big church holiday!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I wouldn't be suprised if they weren't closed today. Happened to me once beforebecause someone forgets to change the message on the answering machine

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bienlein View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if they weren't closed today. Happened to me once beforebecause someone forgets to change the message on the answering machine
    That will make me VERY angry.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    When I turned on the projector all I could get was a green screen with black vertical stripes.
    One. Did you try pressing the remove green screen with black vertical stripes button?

or

Two. Make lemonade. When the group gets there show the green screen with black vertical stripes and say "This film is about holding ourselves back from happiness. The green represents beautiful lush fields, and the black stripes represent the prison of our own making. We need to break down our personal prison bars in order to feel free."

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Townend View Post
    "This film is about holding ourselves back from happiness. The green represents beautiful lush fields, and the black stripes represent the prison of our own making. We need to break down our personal prison bars in order to feel free."
    Like, Heavy Dude
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Why does this always happen just before a big church holiday!
    maybe its a test?

So, Rennie, what finally happened? Did it get fixed? Did things go well anyway?

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Townend View Post
    One. Did you try pressing the remove green screen with black vertical stripes button?

or

Two. Make lemonade. When the group gets there show the green screen with black vertical stripes and say "This film is about holding ourselves back from happiness. The green represents beautiful lush fields, and the black stripes represent the prison of our own making. We need to break down our personal prison bars in order to feel free."
    Did you used to live in California?

www.wrworkshop.com

Well Rennie, I figured Frank's post would either make you laugh or push you over the edge. Glad to see you laughing. Hope everything works out soonest!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    So, Rennie, what finally happened? Did it get fixed? Did things go well anyway?

Thanks,

Bill
    After 5 hours and 20 minutes I figured I was just being a jerk waiting for someone that was on holiday to pick up the phone. I'll try again on Monday. I did send them an email via their website asking if some moron forgot to change the outgoing message on the phone system.

www.wrworkshop.com