chisel box, re-organized

ken werner

So I have this pine box I made to hold my set of 5 LN chisels, 1/8" to 3/4".

Then I realized that a 3/16" would be useful for some of the DTs I chop. Didn't fit in the box. Then along comes grandpa, a 1" Stanley 750. Time for some re-organization. Either that or a new box. So, the lazy man came up with a solution, after seeing some pictures of old chisel sets.

I'm happy with the results, and like the box much more than a roll.

Attachments

• chisels LN.jpg
    chisels LN.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Chisels LN and 750.jpg
    Chisels LN and 750.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 43
Thanks for the pics, Ken. I'm conjuring up ways to better store my chisels, and boxes look like they'd be a workable approach. :thumb:

The LN chisels are based on the Stanley 750, which is a socket chisel. I use the 1/8" chisel alot actually. It works well in small dovetails.

Here are the rest of my chisels. I've picked them up from various used sources over many years. Most are from garage sales or auctions, some from the internet. The only ones I bought new were the LNs.

The rack design is something I picked up from Chris Becksvoort's tool cabinet article.

Attachments

• chisels in rack.jpg
    chisels in rack.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
That is cool Ken. I must say right along with the rest of the guys here that I could definitely use a 1/8th chisel. As it is now I size my dovetails around my 1/4 inch chisel since I chisel out my waste rather then saw it out like some people do.

As for the rack, I have 4 chisels I use the most and my best chisels are located on a rack as well. I like how they are right in front of me when and where I need them.

Keep up the good work.