Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee valley new store opening

Lee valley new store opening

Just getting a little excited as the new store is opening tomorrow morning here in Victoria. Visions of tools that I want dancing in my head. Doing up my order and checking it twice. Finding out whats is notty and nice. Geee just like christmas.lol Now if the package from John would just get here so that I can start on the orgin.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Just remember, "No Photos, Didn't Happen"!
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

I will take pics to share I hear that Rob Lee will be there for the grand opening too. looking forward to meeting him
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

How far is your place from the new store Andrew?

Hey Alex it is real close about a 10 min drive away.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    Hey Alex it is real close about a 10 min drive away.
    Sounds dangerous. You better think about getting one of the members of your house on staff so you can get a family discount.

I have already shortened my list of things that I am getting tomorrow as I started adding things up and blew the budget right out of the water. So some thing are just going to have to wait till next pay day. Some things that I want LV doesn't carry and i have to think about a road trip to Seattle to visit Woodcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    I will take pics to share I hear that Rob Lee will be there for the grand opening too. looking forward to meeting him
    Drew, I agree with Alex, sounds really dangerous

If you do meet Rob, say "Hi" for me, please.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

No worries Stu. I will say hi for you. I really don't see this as being a dangerous situation as I already have most things fom LV that I want or need at the current time. Now if a Wood craft store, CMT and a Lie Nielson store would open up here then that would be dangerous. I see this as a wake up call to lots of the big box stores and hardware suppliers. I already have seen the expected change in them as they are carrying more in the way of speciality tools that you would find in LV ( not to the same volume or quality though). and where there was a House Of Tools down the street there will soon be a KMS Tools store. E.Roko just opened up last yr and that has already taken business away from Richeleu as their pricing is as good if not better than what LV can offer on some of their products. It all comes down to shopping around and who wants the business as to what deals are going to be out there. Most people that I know who are into the gardening like the LV stuff but all say how expensive it is as compared to other local stores. I am sure that they are still going to do well here as there are lots of people who are like sheep that are more into having something with the LV logo on it. I see it at the costco all the time.People do "all" their shopping there for groceries. Where I have found that shopping around I get better pricing elsewhere on most of my groceries and i can't justify the cost of the membership for the small amount of things that are cheaper there ( I still have my memeber card so i can go in and look around and snack) . The same I am sure is going to be the case with LV. With the global economy going the way it has I feel that lots of people are going to be re thinking what they want and need. I know that I have.
    Last edited by Drew Watson; 04-13-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Ok so you said it doesn't happen if there are no pics. So here are some pics.( ok having trouble with the file size, hope this works). I was there in line at 8:30am Store opened at 9. Said Hi To Robin Lee from Stu. Had a nice little chat with him and some members of the Vancover island wood workers guild. Not busy to start but boy that changed real fast. Robin said that he had not expected the turn out that did happen. I was the 5th one served and glad that I was. When I left they were serving #73 and I overheard one person stating they had # 158 and there were still more people coming into the store. Just a little overwhelmed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lee Valley 001.JPG   Lee Valley 002.JPG   Lee Valley 003.JPG