Sink in the Shop - Priceless

glenn bradley

The thread title says it all. Now I can stop wandering down the hallway everytime I need to rinse something out or wash up. LOML got me this for Christmas; finally stopped long enough to put it in.

Harbor Freight wyes.

Sink-wye.jpg

Tap into the laundry drain.

Sink-drain.jpg

Ahhhhh.

Sink-1.jpg

Now that the leak test passed, a little drywall mud and I'm all set.

Last edited:
I've got one that looks just like yours. Bought it when we bought the house, with the intention to put it in the laundry room, next to the washing machine (and right outside the shop door). Even bought the faucet and hose fittings to plumb it in. Turns out though, that the drain in the laundry room is the high point at the end of the line, so I'd have to elevate the sink a couple feet to
get the bottom of it above the drain line.

So now we have a dry, non-draining sink in the laundry room. :rolleyes: My next shop will have a sink and toilet, if I have things my way.

I've got one that looks just like yours. Bought it when we bought the house, with the intention to put it in the laundry room, next to the washing machine (and right outside the shop door). Even bought the faucet and hose fittings to plumb it in. Turns out though, that the drain in the laundry room is the high point at the end of the line, so I'd have to elevate the sink a couple feet to

So now we have a dry, non-draining sink in the laundry room. :rolleyes: My next shop will have a sink and toilet, if I have things my way.

another vote for both,, and the wandering outside in the winter is enjoyable but now that need has ceased... so vaughn do some revamping just drain it into a bucket or drainage pipe..

I agree! Since my workshop may become a bedroom if we ever move, my sink can be taken off the wall (I added a mounting plate before the drywall went up) and the supply and waste lines capped within the wall. It shares a common wall with a bathroom.

Because I am a geek, my sink has "electric eyes" for the faucet, soap dispenser, and towel dispenser.

2448520959_503c4c6c45.jpg

Congrats on the sink Glenn. :thumb::)

I would love a sink and a loo something like Stu has in the aparto, but that would seal the deal for the NN issue. I would have the 911 boys here in a minute if I were to put water and a drain out to my shop. Heck they had the Town on me in a minute when the 2 inch conduits for the electricty cable went in the ground. Claimed I was putting in sewage and water. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Thats a no no for a "Shed" in my area. :( Loml says I should use the portable toilet we have for her for camping. It gets no use in winter.:rofl:

I have water and drain connections in my shop area. When we moved in here I was going to install a urinal in the shop. But, my wife made a lot of fuss over that, I won't go into details :rolleyes: so I just blocked them off. Glad I did now. I need the wall space and the backyard has become my urinal.

.......... and the backyard has become my urinal.

One of the advantages of living in the country. :thumb::thumb:

Nothing quite like having a sink in the shop Glenn, good choice.

A sink is one of the things missing from my shop, but to install one, I would have to run and bury about 60 feet of pipe for the water inlet... and that would be cold water only... no access to a hot water source... then another 30 feet of drain for the outlet... maybe should have thought of it when I was laying the conduit underground for the electrical... could have used the same trench... and since had a trencher rented could have laid the drain.. oh well.. :(

I completely agree. It's so nice being able to walk into the house for dinner with already-clean hands. I don't have to worry about leaving the soap dirty or a spot on the sink or which towels are safe to dry my hands with anymore. I put orange goop on, rinse, and wipe on my pants like a man should!!! :D :D :D

I also have the ability to put in a toilet. The drain's there, just gotta uncap it. For now, the dust collector and air compressor are in that small room. When I get my dream to extend the garage another 15 feet, I'll uncap and put in a throne. Then all I'd need is a microwave and the wife'd never see me! :p

Then all I'd need is a microwave and the wife'd never see me! :p

I have the microwave and a toaster oven too, but after cooking wood in the MW for the last year, not sure I want to heat anything to eat in there... I wasn't watching one day and almost set some butternut pen blanks on fire... microwave wood smoke smells just as bad or worse then burned microwave popcorn... :eek::eek::rofl:

I had one of those in my old place. It was really handy.

Vauhgn, I had a similar situation, but it only had to come up about a foot. So I built a little platform for the sink to set on.