Crafter's Choice Swap (closed)

KaLea Thoits

Ok ladies and gents... the next swap to grab your attention is "Crafter's Choice", which means you can make what ever you want so long as you follow....
The rules:
1. project must be made (primarily) of wood (pen/lamp/clock/jewelry/etc parts are fine)
2. project must be handcrafted by you
3. project must be created specifically for this swap
4. you must take start to finish progression photos to be posted AFTER
(you don't need to send me the pics, you will be posting your own at
the end) everyone has received their swap item
5. you have to be willing to mail the finished project
6. do not disclose what you are making to swap so it is a surprise to whoever gets it
7. be willing to receive a surprise project in return

As with the last swap:
Anyone interested should reply on this thread that they "are in". I will keep a running list in this post of everyone involved and once the projects are completed I will create a swap list. I'm not going to put a cut off date for sign ups so feel free to jump in even if you see this much later down the road.
Shoot me a pm when your project is ready to go and also let me know if you have any restrictions on where you can ship to. Your name will be added to "the hat" only after you pm me that your project is ready to go.
To keep things more interesting and exciting I have decided to shorten up the turn around time for this swap.... two weeks seems reasonable.
The deadline to have projects finished is April 29th. I will post the "who ships to who" list on this thread April 30th.
All projects should be completed and ready to ship no later than APRIL 29th.
Remember to take project progression photos... I would say something along the lines of wood selection, beginning stages of the project, working toward finishing and finished at the minimum would be good.

Swapper List: *UPDATED 4-21-09*
KaLea
Leo Voisine
Al Killian
Dan Mooney
Ned Bulken

Last edited:
well you took me outa the mix with this deadline kalea:( cant drive and make something at the same time.. will have to wait for the next one.. and if anyone knows how to get a hold of ken ward would you tell him he has mail!!!!! i need his address so i can send the swap item

well you took me outa the mix with this deadline kalea:( cant drive and make something at the same time.. will have to wait for the next one.. and if anyone knows how to get a hold of ken ward would you tell him he has mail!!!!! i need his address so i can send the swap item

We have a shop, tools, wood and a camera.... and you'll be here a whole day... I don't understand the problem :huh:

yeah, a day is half a day more than youd need.
and you can deliver it to someone on your way, so it doesnt have to be a small item like a cutting board or a box..........how bout a nice jungle gym set with a fort and a spiral slide, a rock wall, rope bridge, 8 swings, seesaw, firemans pole, 3 ladders.

swap

I might like to get in but I have a small problem. I found out how to upload pics to an album but i'll be hanged if I can figure out how to get them to a post. Any help would be great.
Mark:dunno:

ok chuck and the rest of you meanies i got tgo get some rest your making mne tired,, see i am tryun to get rid of some creepin crude that tom shoved over to me but i will say this i am not gonna be to tasty after i keel over,, to tuff and strong flavored kinda like a old used boar.....:thumb:

Well Larry I was thinking:huh: that you could hook up a belt off your drive shaft to a chuck and make a makeshift Lathe in your truck:dunno: so you can turn a form wile driving:D that will show the spinny types:D:rofl: and if you need help with that you will be in Canada I bet Red Green can help you with that one, Just dont forget the duct tape he will need that.:rolleyes:
Well it sounded good:D:rofl:

1. Tight Deadline ~ Check
  2. Project must be made of wood ~ Check
  3. Project must be handcrafted by you ~ Check
  4. Project must be created specifically for this swap ~ Check
  5. You must take start to finish progression photos to be posted AFTER (you don't need to send me the pics, you will be posting your own at the end) everyone has received their swap item ~ Check
  6. You have to be willing to mail the finished project ~ Check
  7. Do not disclose what you are making to swap so it is a surprise to whoever gets it ~ Check
  8. Be willing to receive a surprise project in return ~ Check
Sounds like a skill enhancement opportunity.

Count me in.

Sounds like fun.

BUT

Maybe next time for me - I just cannot do anything that fast - especially with all the yard work and stuff.

I hope I can get in on the next thing.

Best I could do here is a pen by 4-29.

Leo

Sounds like fun.

BUT

Maybe next time for me - I just cannot do anything that fast - especially with all the yard work and stuff.

I hope I can get in on the next thing.

Best I could do here is a pen by 4-29.

Leo

Pens count ;)

I might like to get in but I have a small problem. I found out how to upload pics to an album but i'll be hanged if I can figure out how to get them to a post. Any help would be great.
Mark:dunno:

Let me know if you decide for sure you want in and I will add you to the list

All wood?:dunno: if it can have other materails, then i can be in.

I edited the original post to add that other materials can be included. Ideally the focus of the piece would be wood.